Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my CW45... most comfortable trigger of anything I've ever shot, super concealable IWB. But, every single piece of brass lands on top of my head. Anyone else have this issue? I have a buddy who runs a shop and is going to order a new extractor and do the swap for me, thinking that is likely the problem. Any other recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome..................I think the extractor or tension on it is a likely bet.........

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome aboard sarge!

·
Registered
13 Posts
P45 brass on the head too!

Purchased P45 Sep 2013 and have had the shell on the head since the first clip. It doesn't do it consistently, I'll have to count 'em.

P45 users, what about single-hand firing, does it misfeed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
your arms are too long. brass is supposed to fall behind you. seriously, I have same problem with a cw9. if new extractor helps please let us know

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome..................I think the extractor or tension on it is a likely bet.........
Welcome. I am a relative newby to this forum as well.

I agree with ron54 - the extractor is a common problem spot. Adjusting the extractor is worth a shot (no pun intended). Not sure about the CW45 but on 1911 pattern pistols the extractor adjustment is often to blame for misdirected ejection.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I get this from time to time with my CW45. Not sure how to adjust an extractor though. No gunsmith for sure, but love to shoot em'.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a CW 45 and put the suggested 200 rounds through it this morning. The only times ( six out of 200 rounds) a shell hit me in the head was when I was "limp wrist- ing" it. Once, I conscientiously adjusted and ceased to limp wrist it - problem solved!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I get this from time to time with my CW45. Not sure how to adjust an extractor though. No gunsmith for sure, but love to shoot em'.
Welcome to the forum Kolchakxi and interesting comments newbies Kolchakxi, Porty, dougtally,agile_1, pasvorto and GunRange.

I've not noticed the ejected case bothering me but would sure like to know how to adjust the extractor.

Reactions: lefty60

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome! Before you go changing parts try shooting it again......if it works ok one handed, but you have a problem only with a two handed grip....it likely is that you need to adjust your grip. I Have does this myself!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Generally you want to have enough tension and engagement on the extractor to hold the fired case against the breechface. If it is correct, the fired case will usually eject in the direction of the extractor. Sometimes the next round in the magazine can change the direction that the fired case is ejected. Firing a round with an empty mag will tell you if that is a factor.

Sometimes different brands of ammo will eject differently. And of course, grip and shooting style can influence ejection. Just some ideas for you to ponder. ------------------------- GeezerD

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got popped in the forehead the other day. Between the brim of my hat and glasses. Left a mark too. I guess I'll have to learn to shoot and duck.:eek-new:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Ouch...................

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sarge, I'm having the same problem. Please let us know if the extractor swap fixes it. The problem is so bad that I now find myself flinching when I pull the trigger in anticipation of the brass flying toward my face. "Limp wristing" is not the problem since the problem persists even when the gun is held firmly against a support.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Maybe it needs a new extractor spring..............they are very cheap, $5-6 dollars ...........worth a try !

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got popped in the forehead the other day. Between the brim of my hat and glasses. Left a mark too. I guess I'll have to learn to shoot and duck.:eek-new:
Actually, it happened to me, too, while shooting my P380 last month. Yep, it also left a mark on my cheek, right next to the first mark when the gun spitted a hot shell right back at my face last summer...

I love this little gun, but I often hesitate to take it along when I go to the range.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts