Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, I am about to be a first time Kahr owner here. I'm going to pick up a used CW45 tomorrow in a trade for my SA Micro Compact GI 1911. The intentions was to carry my MC 1911. But would be limited due to its weight. After a couple range test sessions with my 1911, I found that I have a few feed issues. Not sure if its the recoil spring/system, or the mags. Not in a position to go blowing money away on another project gun. So rather than spend the money, getting new springs, new mags, and test, tune, repeat.... I've decided to offer it up for trade. A person "2nd owner" offered me a CW45, in great shape, attested by both owners to have 200rds total down pipe. Original box, papers, and two factory mags. Price values line up, give or take $30-50. Anyway, just curious if there is anything particular I should look for on this model? Or anything in general about used Kahr's I can watch for. This will be a cc piece, and maybe, eventually even have a grip reduction to take it down to a PM45 size frame & mags.

Thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Hello cletus and welcome.
It's too early for me to offer anything but encouragement. I just bought and have not shot my CW yet. I really like my CM9 and CC daily. I had a few problems the first 200 rounds but not lately. As I've read this is to be expected with kahr's as to the way they are built. To tell you truth it would not have bothered my to buy a slightly used one as you've done. If for no other reason to get past the break in period. You'll have to let us know how it goes. I will be interested so I will know what to expect.

bob

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Take it down and look at the condition of the barrel and feed ramp and slide rails for imperfections. Rack the slide for smoothness of action, an see if it chambers rounds and you get a full and tight lockup. And also ejects the rounds as you rack the slide. Dry fire to be sure of the trigger release and reset.......( it is ok to dry fire a kahr, will not harm the gun ) At 200 rounds the gun should be broken in and tight, but smooth.....

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Oh yeah........Hi and welcome........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, thx everyone. I will be testing it out the week of Christmas so I will let everyone know how it does........

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome aboard Cletus!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a CW45. I bought it from a guy who said he had put about 50 rounds through it. Since then I have put at least another 250. I have to say that it has never had an incident. Fired every time. I am happy so far.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
And poor bob can't locate a range to shoot his new cw45..........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I'm trying to get to the police dept and ask them but every time I'm near I'm carrying. I know, so what. I just don't want problems so I'll wait until I'm not. Don't think I want to go into a police station wearing even though it's perfectly legal. There might be a ratfink in there, who knows.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I'm trying to get to the police dept and ask them but every time I'm near I'm carrying. I know, so what. I just don't want problems so I'll wait until I'm not. Don't think I want to go into a police station wearing even though it's perfectly legal. There might be a ratfink in there, who knows.
Here I am...lurking over here in the shadows bob......mmmmmuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaa muuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa8)
You afraid the cops will use you as a means of admin leave?

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
It is the holidays.........and everyone likes the extra time off.......

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
You know how cops are.....Mr. Rat

BTW I met a guy here that told me of a range I can shoot at. Just have to get enough gas money to get in Corpus. If you want to help you know my address.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
I think you got plenty of gas bob ???.............but it would be nice if you could shoot your gun..

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Surely theirs a gov. agency that could help. I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
First time shoot of 30 rds.
Recoil is not bad but definitely there over a 9mm. Trigger is better than the cm. Pulls smoother and seems to fire without me knowing when it going to. My trigger finger gets pinched between the guard and the end of the trigger on cm not on Cw. Don't know why but it I seem to be more accurate with CW. Must be because I can control larger gun, surely not because the barrel is longer. It is conceals well it may be my main carry. To early to tell, that cm is very comfortable and hardly seen or prints.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Coming over are we...to the dark side

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Big boys toys.........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
don't know because I still like the reasons I bought the 9's. With fixed income as it is I bought the guns for CC not for playing. I have so many other things I do and I can't do it all. As I"ve said before, I'm happy with what I have.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Well part time enjoyment......sometimes.....maybe then

1 - 20 of 44 Posts