Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the first 3 hrs. of a 6 hr. class last night. Emphasis is on draw technics and accuracy. Found out I need more PRACTICE today before final test class tonight. For a newbie the remembering of several different moves, from different distances, drawing correctly, aiming at the chest square 4"x6", firing two shoots, changing Mags while moving and then firing one shot and return to holster. This newbie needs PRACTICE!
Of course it's challenging and not only necessary it's a good time too.

bob

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Sounds like fun!!! I learned most of what I know in the Infantry.

PS did they teach you what to do without hand grenades?:D

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
Pull pin ............throw fast......... and far as possible !!!!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Grenades allowed Toney. No infantry fut I did stop a Holiday Inn.

·
Registered
14 Posts
After you've completed the class you should find a local IDPA club or event. You'll get lots of practice there! I used a P9 for some IDPA events and it wasn't too sloppy.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Matkinson,
I did get thru the class and looking forward to the III class although I may have another gun instead of the M&P9c. I had nothing but problems during the class. All of the separate tasks involved eject of one mag and install of another. Draw, side step, shoot, change mag, side step again and shoot was to be done in 4 to 6 seconds depending on one shot or two. The problem was the grip is short enough that my lower palm was interfering with the mag drop so I could insert another. It was really madding and a time waster. I'm going to look at finding a way to prevent problem by hand shift or something but when you do that of course your hand set on gun and target move. Another time waster. I want to look at maybe the plan M&P9 instead of the 9c.

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
Here's that picture of you in class Bob.........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow. Old Yosemite Sam looks a lot tougher than me. I'm a wus.
By the way, when I signed for class there were 3 others. Wound up I was the only one there with the teacher. It was a good time and challenging.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts