Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought with the holidays upon us and the party's, friends and family getting together. How do those of you who carry deal with the drinking part and carrying. Do you not drink at all if your gonna carry. Do you even worry or think about drinking and carrying, and just carry / drink, and go about your business as usual. Or do you allow yourself a drink or two and carry. I'm generalizing here and this would apply to wherever you go ! I'm in the camp of allowing myself a drink or two, but no more. Otherwise if I know or think I will be drinking more than that, the weapon stays at home.......

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I miss beer... being a bad diabetic I can't, have been one since I got my permit so I haven't had to worry.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
DON'T DO IT! I know after any shooting there is a blood draw for drugs & alcohol screening. You're just giving the defense ammo.....not a good idea.IMVHO8)

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Carry = no alcohol!!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I think Mr. Rat is right (ouch) but I'm thinking like Ron only because the activities will be in the RV park. Mr. Rat I'm sure is right though....ugh. I can handle it but damn lawyers can and will make a mountain out of it. Remember in the early day (ours) Lawyers weren't in every segment of lives? God how nice!

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is true......I was thinking that also......but if you have a drink and a second one over the course of an evening or afternoon, I dont think an adult would be impaired

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I totally agree but the lawyers have got the readings down so low you can smell a drink and they can send a guy up the river. If they can take your forum comments and use them against you they can do anything. Hell they can anything they want really. Look at what Holder and Big O get by with.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I totally agree but the lawyers have got the readings down so low you can smell a drink and they can send a guy up the river. If they can take your forum comments and use them against you they can do anything. Hell they can anything they want really. Look at what Holder and Big O get by with.
I have to agree (blech) with Bob, lawyers can and will dig up or out anything they can use at trial because (surprise) it's all about money. Not guilt or innocence. :eek: So yes, your forum postings are admissible if a judge deems it so. So caution is always the "buzz word" of the day...IMVHO

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would Never........Ever............ Drink Any Alcoholic Beverage ( not even a drop )...........And Carry A GUN !!!
I was just stirring the pot in previous posts, to spur reaction and conversation............ ;) .
Really.........!!!! I was ( god forgive me for saying this ) being like bob..........,!!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
LOL! riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight Ron:p

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mind bleach............mind bleach............

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's almost as unbelievable as when I went fishing off the pier, and all my guns fell in and disappeared in the murky waters, never to be seen again !!!
Bad luck strikes at the most inopportune moments.................times are tough !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Man, when a guy leaves for just a bit ALL the good he's done fly's out the window.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
LOL! riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight Ron:p
It's not THAT funny.

"just stirring the pot in previous posts, to spur reaction and conversation............ .
Really.........!!!! I was" Now see Ron, if you exhibited self control like me for instance, you would have stopped right here.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats what you call it......self control

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
BTW, Wife and I eat out occasionally and I usually have a margarita or something else. Now if I do that I put the gun in the trunk of the car and make sure I don't drink more than two. I think I'm safe from the breathalyzer with two. Probably shouldn't drink at all for fear of losing the license.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I do pretty much the same

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
When I say I put it in the trunk. I've got a SUV so no trunk but I do put it as far from the drivers seat as possible. Maybe Mr. Rat could clue us in?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts