Kahr Handgun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I posted earlier asking about mags not dropping free from the CM9. I think I have figured this out after a number of attempts. It's not that they are sticking in the mag well, it's that the mag release doesn't go in all the way when you push it. It's like you have to push it in as far as you can with your thumb, then use your thumbnail or something to get that extra 1/16' or so to get the release to fully disengage inside.
I think an extended mag release button would be the answer. Doesn't need much extension, maybe another 1/8" or so.
What do you think?

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Mine gives me a lot of clearance, think I'd pull the catch and inspect it or call kahrs for another.

I'm not a fan of extended releases on SD pistols. If I mod mine its to shorten one. My m&p, p32, and p380 got them trimmed.

·
Super Moderator
23,375 Posts
Sounds like you may have got an out of spec release, I would do like Toney suggested and call Kahr and request a replacement...........

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is this a drop in part that I can do myself? Don't want to break something trying to fix it.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
IMG_20130621_144746-1.jpg Yeah its easy, the spring starts at the bottom of the magwell and extends to a notch in the release.

With a pick or small pocket screwdriver you lift the spring out of the notch and push the release through the frame.

·
Super Moderator
23,375 Posts
I have never done one, but I would think you could look it up online or have Kahr tech support help. Then again that might be right up Toneys alley and maybe he could walk you thru it.

·
Super Moderator
23,375 Posts
He just beat me to it...........there you go............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts