Kahr Handgun Forum banner

Drop Free Mags?

2945 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Toney
My CM9 only drops the mag less than an inch when I press the mag release. Have to pull it out with a little force to get it all the way out.
I like drop free mags.
Is this a known issue with Kahr's in general, or CM9's in particular?
I saw a youtube video where a guy was using a hammer to tap and slightly compress the sides of the mag so it wouldn't fit so tight in the mag well. Worked for him, but I'm not a fan of hammering my guns.
Any fixes for the non-drop free mags?
Thanks in advance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Yeah mine did the same, and still will if I put to much pressure on the slide plate with my thumb while releasing the mag left-handed.

I have read about the mag lips being out of spec. I dont like tweaking mag tubes either.

I used small strip of sandpaper over my gutted mag, I pushed them home then pushed them out from the top with a screwdriver. Had the slide off and had removed the catch.

Didn't take very many times through.
So instead of compressing the mags, you slightly enlarged the interior of the mag well? Might have to check that out.
It doesn't take much, you just take plastic off the 4 ribs.
Thin I used 80 or 100 grit. Got to use small short strips or the mag will get stuck!!!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.