Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In Wichita a small business is building a brand spanking new building ($4,000,000) and looks to be a real show case. The owner is a military guy that's been to the war numerous times and looks like military teachers. They do a lot of military rifle talk there and classes. Classes look to be more expensive than at the other three places here. I would rather shoot in the country but farmers around the big city don't like us too much. A few ruin it for the many. I think with the advent of us in war for so many years there are many that want to either get better thru training or just keep their skills up.

Thunderbird Tactical | A World-Class Shooting And Training Facility in Wichita KS

Reactions: feedramp

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Guess I'm gonna have to pay to shoot ... had shot on the local public range for 30 years before they shut it down.

·
Registered
509 Posts
My NRA instructor has a nice outdoor 100 yard range but it's about a 90 mile round trip. My friends and I do get to shoot for free. We donate money to cover any targets used from his supply. During warm weather I enjoy the trip cause I can usually get enough people to go with me that gas isn't a big deal. It's a different story in the winter.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lucky man Keeper. Just what I've been looking for.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know of Shooting range about 30 miles from the city. The other day I thought I'd go for drive and head that way to shoot a little. Got there and darn gate was locked. I never thought about them being closed for the winter. It's really an open air shooting range for rifles. The fixed target stands and so far from the shooting line a guy would be lucky to hit the target with a handgun and likely so far a way you wouldn't be able see if you hit it or not. Now tell me just how desperate I was to go shooting.. It's a very nice range for rifles but not handguns. Some branch of the Gov. runs it and I'm sure the danger of someone getting shoot with a handgun is the reason a shorter target range is not provided. Just ramblin here and bored I guess. Not much activity on the forum today.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Kinda sucks you go somewhere looking to do something and the damn place is closed.........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it does but if I had been thinking I might have realized they may have been. It was a real nice break in the weather and I never thought they'd be closed. Oh well.

·
Registered
323 Posts
build a 36" wide 4 or 5 yard range in basement w/twin fans. One fan to a tube, other pushes smoke outside. Shoot during day. I been thinkin bout it ,, blocks,& bricks, collect some steel. Mixers at harbour freight. Just had raised brick patio put in place of deck, learned alot of ideas from brick guy.

brick inside then 3" space (filled w/sound absorb) then cynderblocks. Top would be plywood form, fill with sakrete an a bag of that concrete fiberglass mix. Curtain behind u to help absorb more noise between u and door.

If ya have a corner in your basement,You can build one wall and the door area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts