Kahr Handgun Forum banner

Explain how Kahr action works?

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  robC007 
#1 ·
It is my understanding that the striker is not fully cocked by the slide reciprocating. Rather the trigger pull completes cocking and the striker does not have enough energy stored to get a good primer hit until this cocking is complete. Is this true, and if so, what percentage of the striker cocking is done by the slide, and what percent is done when the trigger is pulled?

Is ther a striker or firing pin block in place that the trigger pull moves as the trigger stroke is completed?

Is there a Kahr reference for the action function, written or animated?

#3 ·
Go to the kahr website.........on the main page, under quality guns....click on...unique design, and it will show a working animation of a kahr gun cycling...............good stuff....!!!!

#4 ·
Have you seen this one?

I hope it's not repeat.

#5 ·
Looks good, not a repeat...............check out the one on their site, it's a side view animation that shows the whole cycle from cocking to firing....

#6 ·
Thanks for the reference to Kahr site. I just didn't look hard enough!

The animated diagram shows that the slide cocks the striker approx 90%, while the trigger bar/cocking cam takes it the other 10%. This is more "precook" than I had understood. I think my Glock has a similar amount of cocking done by the slide, perhaps a different mechanism to finish the job, but similar percentage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.