Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nothing like Froglube. Simple and easy. Non-toxic and you don't need any other cleaner, solvent, oil, grease ect... Carbon just wipes right off with no effort. Love it.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
KY......................:lemo::getdown::fat::05.18-flustered::angel:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
You're going to feel bad if some Newbie does that.

Reactions: Ohsheepdog

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Oh boy......

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Please don't Bob

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I wouldn't........well I might......naw, it's too easy besides I'm usually the straight guy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
In all seriousness guys you should try Froglube. I'm a tuff sell on anything, but they made a believer out of me. I will never go back to solvents, gun oils & grease, or petro based protectants. I was able to take all that stuff box it up and get rid of it. Most of us won't hesitate to buy a new grip, sights, holster or any number of things to enhance our guns, but the most important investment you can make is in the cleaning, lubrication, and protection of your gun. If it's a money thing find a couple of friends to split the cost and give it a try. If you don't like the results you really have'nt lost anything. Just sayin.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I got my first ottis cleaning kit when I was like 7.

I'm not sold on frog lube. If applied right its probably alright.
Its the gumming up that I don't like.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have never had an issue with gumming up. Not sure what there would be about it that would do that anymore than over oiling or greasing a gun. So you've had this happen to you or just heard about it happening with Froglube? As with any product it has to used properly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Think I'll try Gun Butter grease and oil. Probably stick with Break Free for wipe down/rust. I used Sentry Solutions Tuf Glide in Africa for 10 days in the back of a safari truck rifle rack and was impressed for sure. If you need a wipe down that is oil-free in dusty conditions, this one is a dream come true...

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Good video Toney..........I can see where that may be an issue..........I have used frog lube for 6 months or more now and have no issues so far.......still like it !!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the links. I had already watched them prior to using it myself. These vids help prove my thinking. Both of these guys were over applying the product as the guy in the first link stated. So far everyone I have run across that have had a problem with it had not completely read and followed the instructions properly. I have seen many circumstances of people having similar issues with guns that they were over oiling or greasing. Got to READ AND FOLLOW directions. In closing if you noticed both of these guys like and continue to use the product.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts