Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I came across this interesting video showing a good, but simple test of these two products as rust preventatives. I have been using FrogLube for the past several months, and so far I like it. Check it out...........

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Also found this video showing a Glock lubed with FrogLube and shot everyday and not cleaned or lubed for 7 months............,,,,,

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Do you have to bring the surface to be lubed to 120 degrees?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The wd40 LTCI is a specialized product they now make as a long term corrosion preventative, and not for lubrication purposes. The FrogLube CLP is a cleaner, lubricant and also helps protect against corrosion. And Toney is correct in a previous post, wd40 is really to displace water, it is not a real or good lubricant. I know that there are a few folks that use wd40 on guns and are happy with it. But I don't think they know any better, I would never use it on a gun, unless it was just to flush out water or moisture.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have to bring the surface to be lubed to 120 degrees?
No not really, I have used it on my guns for the last 4 months I think. And I never heated up any of them, just cleaned and applied as a lube with it. I does take a couple of 2 - 3 applications to really notice a difference. But it does make it easier to clean the gun, and the action does get smoother. When you shoot the gun and it gets hot it works itself in, and gets better over time.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Nice to hear some conversation on FrogLube. I've been reading about it myself. Existing oil reserves don't get used up very fast with my meager collection so I've had the time to study FL. Expensive though but again lasts a long time.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far , so good for me. I like it, i know everyone has their old stand by and sees no reason to change. Especially if their happy with what their using. Some might want to be adventourus and give it a shot, might be suprised. The thing is it has to be used on the weapon a few times to start really working like advertised, it has for me.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
IMG_20131127_094917.jpg I really like the hoppes elite oil and tetra grease.
Think I like the rem oil bottles better than the rem oil, if you knock one over full of hoppes bore cleaner it doesn't spill. I keep oil in a.other one. I've still got some of the little straws it doesn't come with anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts