Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, friends of the pocket pistols;
since month I planned to acquire a new Kahr, the small type. I looked at every vid and spot at Youtube. For the hunting activity - as coup de grace, "to put an animal out of its misery" - we are allowed to have 2 small fire guns (3 or 4 or even 5 are possible, if you say an reason; for expl. one little 22 lr. for trapping, trapps). So I had so sell my very well working PM 9, because I have an revolver from S&W (No. 1).

With a normal SECOND one, I had a choice of calibre, related to hunting fields, and I choose 380 acp.
But I regarded also other pistols, ruger, and the "kevin" (forgot the name in US-market) from CZ, that we can not allowed to buy (too small pocket pistol?).

So I hesitated. But my experience with all the small Kahrs were very good. (My last exper. with the dear NAA Guardi :watermelon:was not good)
This was the "all-metallic" Micro-Kahr, and the PM 9.

Bevore I had an NAA Guardian in calibre 320 acp, and this piece was really a lemmon, jams, misfunctions. But IF I tried the very best ammunition (for 200, 300 Euros), the jams could have been "healed". So I had to sell this NAA Guardian too, to get this Kahr 380.
2 short weapons are available without problems, so I sold these others.

Now I was NOT very relaxed, because in Youtube I saw P 380 with problems too.
:huh: I ordered the Kahr P 380, was sended as parcel. After a week or so "I took it to the range", like I always read, and tried the 70, 80 rounds I had. I wouldn´t try hollowpoint, but I did, and all these rounds went through without problems.
Only the ammu. of Fiocchi made problems, the usual one knows. My P 380 does not like Fiocchi.

Very good: Remington, now I will try MagTech too.

So I can add, I am fascinated of the Greatness or Smallness of the P 380. And I wonder the feeling of this piece, that is so impressionating to held. It is a very lovely Feeling, and I am glad, not to have bought a WALTHER PPK, which is much bigger.

It seems, that the "reliability" is really there, and is not a mere word, like I experienced with the NAA Guardian.

Thats all I could say from our old world here,
and that the Kahr p 380 was a good decision (if probl. occur, we have an Importer, who will help);

wish you same good experiences, and am here, Prana9

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Prana9, nice to hear from you. You've been a member since April, 2010. A long time to post. Now that you have a Kahr we hope to hear follow up experiences? Also nice to hear you've had a good experience with you new purchase, the Kahr. I have one and like it a great deal.

BTW where in Europe?

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Welcome............

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, xsailer und ron54,

Yes, since april 2010, may be. Before this time, I had the MICRO Kahr 9 para, which is a little heavier. My good discovery was, that this MICRO Kahr was so good and without failer, she shot everything, also mixed ammu. Then I heard of the PM 9, and because we are so limited, I had to give away the ALL-Metallic Micro Kahr, and bought the PM 9. Also, never a malfunction.

Because of our limitations, I had than to give away the good PM 9 (and my third pistol, the NAA Guardian 320 acp too, which looked nice and functioned only with some jams).

For the hunting theme, we can have by laws 2,
if we have advice and paper of the hunting-association, 3, may be 4 or 5 (one for training and competition for the hunters). There, our situation is perhaps better than in United Kingdom. In earlier years, Austriche, Österreich and Switzerland were the countries, they had easy ways, to have some small weapons.

But I am not in Switzerland, I am from Germany, the country of the Walther PPK, that has inspirated the pistol technique.

At the NAA-Forum I said, most of the people, nearly all, in Germany, have no weapons, nothing, only, when they are in a shooting-company, than yes. But in normal shooting-companies, they have mostly greater pistols and revolvers, with 5 or 6 inch-barrels, not so small pieces. So it happens, that they are perhaps victims of the crime.

The best thing now is, the best thing of the year, is, that this P 380 works good,
and I will test and go on with the break-in-period (without Fiocchi ammu
:sad:). Since my hunting course, I had so many trials and pistols (and had to give away, to buy another), but I think, the P 380 is my lasting happiness...

Really the nicest and most interesting haptic feeling -

For testing, we can not really test the little ones, because we here have o n l y 25 Meter range; but I can try to find a suitable distance, and test the mere function then. Some groups of shooting have perhaps 10 or 15 Meter-ranges, but not in my place.

In Question of Ammu, I think Winchester and Speer Gold dot and Federal would also be excellent.

Good times, with best wishes, Prana9

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I think it's important to keep up with the actual shooting of your weapon. I try to go to the range monthly and shoot at least a couple of mine. It keeps me up on my accuracy and the actual handling of the weapon. We have 4 indoor ranges here one of them a 100 foot long for rifles. Several out of town private shooting ranges to join. That 380 is such a handy gun that I find myself carrying it more and more as it's easy to just pocket carry it. I find it interesting you're using the same ammo as I.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, xsailer, (by the way I have the sailing "diplom", and had 2 boats with ca. 5,45meters. but we have sometimes only little wind, and it`s too hot in summer)

the ammu, we can have here the best sorts, but buying those in internet.
The P 380 is for me a hot iron, because my wishes were so great, to get one, and now I let cool it down. Best thing is that it functions well. (5 years ago I could buy a Seecamp 320 acp, that was a "nothing functioned", and than the NAA Guardian, that was imperfect)

Earlier I desired urgent a Walther PPK, but it`s a little bulky, when you have it in the summer clothing. And these models are normally not in stainless. (the PPK/S is still bigger and "heavier")

These precious pistols are rather rare her, I guess. People for hunting have normal 9x19 caliber, perhaps 45 acp. And with 380 acp most of them have perhaps the WALTHER PPK, that was a standard pistol, which looks very good designed, imo.

I can not train on accuracy, or ranges are 25 meters. And they say, normally it is not allowed to go 10 or 15 meters before the targets, to shot from 15 meters; one can, if there are no other members.
There are special disciplines, that are busy with these "police and military-shooting", one must not be a policy or milit.-member, but they are only in some places.

With my posting I would encourage those, who are interested in this Kahr P 380.

People with "free weapon paper/permission", who can bear all-times, are rare. They must be important "personalities", to get this permission. So it is not a great market for the industry Heckler&Koch, Sig Sauer, WALTHER and others; they make those models for the US-Market, and one can buy them here too, if you are lucky to have one of the permissions, shootingclub, hunter, or special weapon-permission. Mostly the hunters are proprietors of the little ones.

So I will return to my program, and could read your in your forum,
have a good day,

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I had a S-2 (maker of boat) 7.3 meter or 24 foot sailboat, sloop rig. It would sleep 4 and sailed great as it had a fixed keel. Had it for 20 years and now a land lubber but my thoughts are still on the water which I love.
The ranges I go to are 3 to 25 feet & 3 to 40 feet. They are fine for Pistol handling practice.

This isn't mine but one like it.
Water Sky Boat Watercraft Cloud

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That´s a fine boat, know them, xsailer, 20 feet are already a good situation.
But I have a kind of working with photography, Nikon, so I let the boating. Having them in the water costs a lot, 1700 Euro plus winter/year. Really, I have a special supernatural theme to photograph, very unusual, and good to present to others, and this is very stimulating, more, than stay on the boat, and so little wind there.

Wished to visit your land; of course. These photos could be a way, I make them great, for expl. 70x70cm, or 70x100cm on forex or aluDibond, with wood frame, cost a lot, for expl. 200 Euro. 2 of them, and I could by a WALTHER PPK in very good condition, but we are so limited.

For the hunting purpose, I could - after month, no more administration stress now - acquire a NAA Puck revolver, those calibre 22 mag to control the traps.
You understand, on does not go hunting with these tiny things, but one can give a final letal shot to the animal;

But I am not so active in the hunting, that need time, and more money, so I stay with my photographic works.

At that time date, 2010, where I looked to Kahrforum, I had the impression, that they didn´t aceept me, because of the german origin, or something like that. I had a unclear information, and thought this...

Do you know, that the name KAHR, the "moon family, or children of them" choosed, they wanted to give "a german-like charakter", because KAHR is like the name of a german family or entrepreneur.
But they are KOREAN, so they expressed KOREAN through the name KAHR, I found that explanation, perhaps it is wrong.

They are in the peak of Quality, damned good,
so AHOI, xsailer, and good day to you all,

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
We accept pretty much all that abide by the forum rules. There are a few problem characters around and if you've been with the forum you will fast find out who they are. I of course am not one of them even though arrows are pointed at me all the time.
Tis nice to hear from all interested in kahrs.

Reactions: ron54

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Booooooooob...............

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
We accept pretty much all that abide by the forum rules. There are a few problem characters around and if you've been with the forum you will fast find out who they are. I of course am not one of them even though arrows are pointed at me all the time.
Tis nice to hear from all interested in kahrs.
Ohhhh the pain..........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Whhhhaaaaattttttttttttttttttttt?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you, xsailer, and ron54,
that could be interesting to hear the experiences, opinions and recommendations of others,
glad with my new - airbreathing - pipeline,
Prana9

1 - 13 of 13 Posts