Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

To bad its not a 9mm, its bigger than I thought it would be.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Good video.............it is kinda big for a 380 though Toney...........I would rather have a kahr pm or cm9. And yes if it were a 9mm, then it's a deal !!!
As is though, doesn't excite me...........!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Its clear this was made to compete with the Ruger LC380 and similar. Not the smallest possible 380 but rather one that is pretty small and carry-able but easier to grip and shoot, with more manageable recoil. 9s in that size kick a lot more and so do smaller 380s like LCPs and our P380s and CW380s. I expect ladies, shooters with arthritis, etc will be really happy with the G42.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Its clear this was made to compete with the Ruger LC380 and similar. Not the smallest possible 380 but rather one that is pretty small and carry-able but easier to grip and shoot, with more manageable recoil. 9s in that size kick a lot more and so do smaller 380s like LCPs and our P380s and CW380s. I expect ladies, shooters with arthritis, etc will be really happy with the G42.
Agreed..........,it will fit a niche, and as you said will work for those well. Fortunately for me, I'm not there yet.....................

·
Registered
509 Posts
While I love my Glocks, I love my Kahrs abit more. Right now I want to get a P380 this year. Right now I want to get a G42 this year. Hold on there, what did I say?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
A new gun always goes well with another new gun......and another........

·
Registered
137 Posts
I currently own two Glocks, the 19 and 23, but was somewhat disappointed when the 42 arrived on scene. As mentioned, it's way too big for a .380 pistol, no matter what the reason.

Hopefully Gaston & Co. will listen, and develop a small, thin, single stack 9mm that is comparable to the Kahr CM9.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm getting close to take a few firearms down to my LGS and try to do some haggling and some horse trading. By-golly I want that P380.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
You have the sickness bad.......and there is no cure.........you can only treat the symptoms by getting a new gun..... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts