Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The kahr sear will shorten pull and reset 20% in design. Coupled with trigger it will be a great trigger.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Have you done this? Can you tell us more?
I pulled up Galloway and didn't see sear at all. Did I miss it?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
The kahr sear will shorten pull and reset 20% in design. Coupled with trigger it will be a great trigger.
It doesn't affect the pull weight, does it ?

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have a K40 Covert. I can't imagine it having a better trigger, but I'll give Galloway a look.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Don't know if I'd change the long pull trigger as it's one of the safety features

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Don't know if I'd change the long pull trigger as it's one of the safety features
I think the same thing bob........for me my Kahr is a sd gun and the trigger pull may be long compared to most, but it's very smooth and not what I consider heavy........just right for its intended purpose. But then everyone has their own preferences......

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
I spent a good share of my adult life shooting double action revolvers. The Kahr trigger is like the best of double action revolver triggers.

'course it seems many of the newer shooters don't even know what a double action revolver is:sad:

I like the Kahr trigger just the way it is:getdown:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I respect everyone's opinion, I like the trigger on my PM9 but I still want to improve it. That site shows the sear for the CM9 but is out of stock and they have not responded to my email. If this part is able to change the trigger on the PM9 just slightly it would be great. If I understand the mechanics of the Kahr trigger it will not change the effort of the pull, mainly it will change the length of the pull and the reset. If you change the springs for the striker then the pull will be less. That is my take on this, remember this is only my opinion. I hope someone out there has tried this that could confirm my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I'm sure you'll let us know as we might learn from your experience.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Like my CM9 tigger just the way is, and it is part of the safety when used on double action.

Don't want to walk around with 9 toes ... :hurt:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
It's one of those..........everyone has their own preferences.........I'm in the camp that Kahrs triggers are fine as is and wouldn't change a good thing......but if you do change it, let us know how it turns out ?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would,, but neither company makes one for p380/cw380. My other pistol has RTK trig and light hammer spring. Its the only way to go. So i would for my cw380. Sear & rest of kit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think you will find that Galloway Precision actively advertises parts that are in the development process, but don't exist yet. If you look closely at the Galloway ad for the Kahr sear you'll notice that there is no picture of the sear. Also, at the bottom of the ad, it says Coming soon!. I've been through this before with Galloway Precision, with my Ruger Sr22. I received some of the first +3 followers they shipped for the SR22. The followers would not work in my Sr22 magazines. They quickly fixed the problem, send me new followers, and refunded my initial payment, so they are ethical, but some times, with the best of intentions, Galloway will advertise parts, that will never make it out of the development stage. In other words, don't hold your breath.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts