Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a plain-jane IE user "forever" where I have my list of Favorites, well Google is making it tough to use these older systems so I'm changing. Google is making it more difficult to use YouTube as well, so I'm changing. Google has become the Bully on my Block.

I've had a love/hate affair with Google Chrome for years. I've installed and deleted the software many many times. This time I've switched over and I am bound and determined to master it enough to say I know what I'm doing.

Are there other Chrome users here that can give me some "getting started" pointers. I've removed my shotgun from my computer room justin case.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Sorry I can't help there. I switched to a mac a couple years ago. And when I was using windows, I only used IE myself as well. Now Im on an ipad for 70% of my internet usage, 20% on my phone and 10% on a MacBook. Technology is a toughie as you get older..........I'm lucky as my tech support and help comes from my 2 sons........one who works for Apple, and the other is an apple certified repair tech !!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I find Chrome the simplest and fastest of the browsers. I keep the interface clean, simple and don't authorize any "add-ons" etc. My home page is Google.com and I set Chrome to open new tabs on the same page. I bookmark the sites I use a lot and save the bookmarks in the bookmark toolbar so I can just click right on them.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SlowBurn, that's the stuff I'm looking for. Thanks

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I don't like the nazi style "take-over" google chrome does to my computer...so I resist. Much like the underground of WWII lol:growl::cigar:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ratfink, Google has become the bully on the block However, with the feedback I've received here and with my trials and errors, I am making progress. I'll make it. We must keep up with technology or be buried by it.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
That's the sad truth...

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Ratfink, Google has become the bully on the block However, with the feedback I've received here and with my trials and errors, I am making progress. I'll make it. We must keep up with technology or be buried by it.
I guess so, I just resist being "Jack-booted" into something regardless ....its just my personality:eek:nguard:

Reactions: KeeperOath
1 - 9 of 9 Posts