Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A shooting buddy and I hit our local emporium yesterday before heading out to the range. What did I see but a shiny new Kahr .380! $529 plus tax. Just the regular sights. I have a new LCP and was to break it in so I got to break in the Kahr and LCP together. Shot PMC bronze ammo.

The LCP is not a bad gun at all and I shot it better than expected at steel 10 yard steel plates. No hickups at all. Those of you who have shot both know that the Kahr is a superior gun and the grips and sights are a big plus over the Ruger. Its even a little shorter than the LCP and about as thin. The Kahr ran without any hickups as well. The Kahr fits my hand so well its not a knock on the LCP when feels more like a board but for a small gun I have no complaints. Some folks don't like Kahrs because of the longer trigger pull than a Glock type but I really like them a lot and am more comfortable with them than others.

I also have a Kahr P9 and PM9 with the night sights and the PM9 is very easy to acquire the target, even better than some large pistols with basic black sights. I may have to get some big dot sights down the road for the .380 as I seem to shoot a lot better with these older eyes when I have very visible sights on a gun. Shooting target ammo the PM9 kicked noticably more than the .380. I also felt more recoil from the LCP than from the Kahr .380, I think it may be due to having a more natural solid purchase on the Kahr grips.

I now have three guns that I will carry after I break them in a bit more.(p380, PM9 and LCP). I would much rather have a 1911 or a HiPower if I needed a gun but they won't do me much good back in the gun safe when I need something.

·
Registered
371 Posts
nice post sharptop. I own the lcp and the P380 also. both go bang, both nice guns. The kahr just trumpsthe lcop in all areas, including price to. But it is a top quality gun.

I have the xs big dots on my P380 and love um. As u know the P380 is much more accurate than the lcp. I even shoot my P380 better tan I do my PM9.

You get wha t you pay for the the P380 IMO is the best small pocket gun out there and certainl;y the most verstile in options for night sights to.

the factory standard sights ain't no slouches either. They are just super accurate sights indeed...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'll chime in as the third that has all three. LCP, PM9, and P380. I really like all 3 of them and if I could comfortably pocket carry the weight of the PM9 in all circumstances and wardrobe, I would probably not bother with the LCP or P380. For times when less is better than nothing, I have zero concerns about toting either the LCP or P380.

For me the LCP was difficult until I tried a Crimson Trace laser guard. Once I put that on and picked up an Uncle George wallet holster, it became a perfect pocket companion. I have a similar holster coming for the P380 that will accommodate the CT laser guard. If I like it as well the LCP, I will probably trade off the LCP and just keep the P380.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts