Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Talk about an open invitation. He might come over and stab me for doing this. But,,,,then....Knives ARE dangerous, hmmm. His house may be knife free also?

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Talk about an open invitation. He might come over and stab me for doing this. But,,,,then....Knives ARE dangerous, hmmm. His house may be knife free also?
No need to worry bob........I think your neighbors reaction will be something like this........... when she sees the sign......!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
In my 20+ years of police work, most of the homicides I investigated were NOT gun related. Most were knives, bludgeoning or strangulation. Of those homicides, about 25% were Gang homicides. Of those about 40% were gun related. In almost all cases, the other subject was NOT armed. In gang cases where rounds were exchanged, few ended up in a homicide. My point being that even gangers are hesitant to shoot another ganger that they know is armed. We had over 12,000 documented gang members. Probably another three thousand undocumented depending on time of year (harvest time increases influx of migrants). We averaged 15 homicides a year so about 1.2 a month. So about 3 of that 15 were gang related and 1.3 of those 3 were homicides by use of a firearm. Gun were not the issue, criminals are. Stiffen penalties for gang associated crime and get rid of organizations such as ACLU & NAACP that promote & encourage gang freedoms & rights and discourage victims rights and watch crime drop.
IMVHO RF
Stay armed!

Reactions: John70

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Absolutely......... the shame of the whole thing is the "media" that portrays and magnifies any gun related violence. And draws the simplistic conclusion that if there was no gun the whole thing would not have happened......... they say that these mass shootings don't happen in other countries where they don't have guns in the population like we do. But what about mass bombings in public places, they don't ever talk about that, or the level of violent crimes which are 2-3 times higher than here !!!!! Case in point witness the Boston marathon bombing........ what no guns involved there ? The problem is the mentally ill person who commit these terrible acts....... not their choice of weapon !!!

Reactions: John70

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Absolutely......... the shame of the whole thing is the "media" that portrays and magnifies any gun related violence. And draws the simplistic conclusion that if there was no gun the whole thing would not have happened......... they say that these mass shootings don't happen in other countries where they don't have guns in the population like we do. But what about mass bombings in public places, they don't ever talk about that, or the level of violent crimes which are 2-3 times higher than here !!!!! Case in point witness the Boston marathon bombing........ what no guns involved there ? The problem is the mentally ill person who commit these terrible acts....... not their choice of weapon !!!
Ron...... you've come for a fix to eliminate Bombing. Just make them unlawful to carry. I wonder why the military didn't think of that?
Ratfink.... Your comment "Gun were not the issue, criminals are. Stiffen penalties for gang associated crime and get rid of organizations such as ACLU & NAACP that promote & encourage gang freedoms & rights and discourage victims rights and watch crime drop.
Stay armed"

I totally agree for what its worth.

bob

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
;) Thanks Xsailor. Thinking guns are the issue is like believing rocks should be removed from the planet to keep kids from throwing them at each other. Simple education and familiarization goes a long way. I started my daughter out young with weapons safety. she's 34 now and never has shot herself or anyone else. Now I'm teaching my grandson who's 14. He's learn to respect firearms.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Water Smile Vertebrate Glove Safety glove wow, good lookin gang there Toney!
Heres my Tony...

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Looks like he's having way too much fun. If I come back I'm going to live on or near big water.

bob

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
;D Love the ocean...so much activity and scenery. Keeps us active and our guests love it here....don't miss kalifornia at all

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I lived Tarzana for 6 months in 1970. I was ready to leave in that time. Never been in Northern Ca. I think I would like it much better than So. To many people. I'm used to driving out the city and being alone and in the country in 10 to 15 minutes. Been in Portland (the Grotto) and Oceania and driven along the Beautiful Columbia river a couple times. Oregon is a beautiful looking state and I love the Coast line dearly. Looks like you picked a good place to live. Tony was obviously enjoying it in the picture.

bob

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Yeppers, he caught 50 crabs but only 13 were keepers. But hey, he had a blast. He lives in Central CA where I worked and lived for 23 years. He wants desperately to live in Oregon but moms not quite ready for that yet. He 14 so in 4 years he can make his own decision but I believe he'll look here. We can jump in my jeep an be on a logging road in 5 mins and shooting in 10. He loves that freedom and admittedly, so do I.:p

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's a nice lawn sign for the front of your house................

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts