Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the largest gun show of the year today(almost 1,000 tables). Found nothing cheap including Kahr's.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
The really good deals on the tables are snatched up before the doors open.
The best deals are walking around.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There were several guys walking around with mostly military rifles. Several items I was interested in but I have what I need and I'm happy with them. I do like the Sig P938 (9mm) with the new rubber(?) grip with a bulge in the lower part.

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
The 938 is like a grown up 238........ an excellent gun !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Ron it appears to be as you said...............for $725!! My Kahr works just fine AND it's paid for.

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
I really like sigs.........sweet shooting guns, well made and finished..........expensive for sure !!!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
You got the Sig-ness too !!!

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
As much as I'd like a sig, I think the para p10 is on the top of my 1911 style pistol list.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just looked them up and found several P10's. Which cal. do you like and they similar in size to the P938 Sig? What ever I buy it's going to have to be comfortable to carry.

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
I think they make a p10 45 cal warthog which I think is comparable to the 938..... Nice gun !!

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
It would be thicker than the 938. One one 40 would be cool.

If I had one I wouldn't carry it, I really like the dao trigger for my carry gun.

I just want one!!! Want the p14 too...

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
Yeah........I like dao triggers on my carry guns, I have carried my officers 45 cocked and locked........but they are really my range guns........3-4lb triggers, im not comfortable using as a carry weapon

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I've got my trigger at around 6#, it was 4 when I got it.
When I bought my ria officer I had planned on using it for my edc. I did carry a full size springer mil-scep for awhile when I first started packing.

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
The ease of concealment, size & weight to tote around do become a large factor when carrying all the time............All steel 45's are great shooting guns in officers, commander and gov models, but I just can't lug a big chunk of steel around anymore !!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Toney, I changed my cm9 & k9 triggers from a 6# to a 5# a month ago. I thought it might be too touchy but I needlessly worried. It's just fine for my CC.

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
I think 5-7lbs pull is ideal for a cc gun, even a lb or so more is good if it's smooth.........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did debate about it for a while but thought it only costs a $7-8 dollars why not try it. The difference wasn't really that noticeable like I thought it might be.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I had to buy something at the Gun Show so went back Sunday and bought holster make in Mexico I discovered when I got home. Damn. Oh well. It kind that two identical with the same profile are sewed together except in the middle where the gun goes. Mounted OWB. I've been wanting one and this one has pretty basket weaving on it. Wet it for about 10 minutes, wrapped gun in plastic bag and boned in pistol guard area and eject cutout. I like it. Need to get some more of that lube that Mitch Rosen sells. $12 a bottle YIKES but he says it save leather stretching.
I knew I couldn't not buy something. I made it out the first day but felt guilty and went back.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts