Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I end up checking this forum often enough that I thought I would join. I'm 61 years old and a long time shooter. I shoot mostly Glocks but last year my oldest daughter said she wanted a gun to carry. She already has a Glock G22 that she keeps in her nightstand but her neighborhood is not the best and she is taking night classes for her college degree. After reading and researching I was led to the Kahr CM9. I've had a Glock G26 and while it's a good gun it is also significantly larger than a Kahr CM9. I wasn't sure about the Kahr but they had one in the shop attached to the range I was shooting at for around $420.00. Well, it was cute and looked well made and I liked the trigger so I bought it. I took it home and stripped and cleaned it and brought it back the next day to put Kahr's recommended 200 break in rounds through it. I really liked shooting it and didn't have a single malfunction during the break in period (in fact it has still never malfunctioned). Despite really liking the gun I boxed it back up and gave it to her for her birthday. She was thrilled and we went shooting with it. It was then I discovered she can't rack the slide or take it down for cleaning. No biggie as I can do it for her but still not ideal. Then a member on another forum offered a PM9 with factory night sighs on it in like new condition and with only 400 rounds through it at a price I could not resist. He even through in a couple of holsters. So now my Kahr PM9 is in my pocket in a Galco pocket holster. I have probably put another 400-500 rounds through and have had one failure to eject with Speer 124 gr +P Gold Dot JHPs. My carry ammo is Buffalo Bore 124 gr +P JHPs. The gun has been flawless through a couple of hundred rounds of the Buffalo Bore. Sorry, didn't mean to go this long. Just wanted to say "hi".

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome wscott52!

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Welcome scott........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum wscott.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Welcome from another guy in his sixties.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
They are sweet little SD guns..........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I was born in FishKill N.Y. and wound up in Kansas. Sure glad Mom ran away from Dad and he followed.

Hope you don't mind me joining your conversation?

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Not the rope.........I was smart enough to get outa there Toney? Besides I was Eight years old and now have a Kansas twang.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
:cool:
Waves hello from the Oregon coast there Scott. Welcome aboard. Just started here myself. Looked like a bit more activity than the other forum I was on...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts