Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

New Kahr CW9 owner but no stranger to guns at all. Look forward to meeting some of you and learning all I can about this awesome pistol. Read a lot of reviews before buying the CW9 and to be honest if I didn't get such a deal on it I may not of bought it. The main reason is CC and simply LOVE the way it fits my hands.

I have 250 rounds through it as of this weekend (and previous owner says he put 250 through it as well) and had zero FTE / FTF issues. All of it was 115g FMJ but I did notice a couple things. When I stripped it down there are little shavings of plastic from the rails. I read its not a big deal but damn KAHR plastic rails? geeze. I also noticed that when chambering a hollow point (slingshot and slide released method) that the slide hangs up a bit. Any info on that?

See you on the forum!

Semper Fi.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Howdy!!! The plastic rails are Just there to guide the slide back on.

I was shocked the first time I pulled the slide off my p97 ruger.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Hello and welcome again Irishbandit.
I had a few`FTE problems and worried about it. No need, it worked itself out using the gun. As I'm sure you've read when the gun is new the slide lock and release is almost a necessity. When I did this I had no problems. Lately I haven't had any problems using sling shot but I must be careful to get the max thrust of the slide. When the gun was new I thought maybe the problem was the Zombie rounds I was using. They seemed to hang up right at the hollow point edge. Most of the time though When putting that first round in and under no pressure I use the slide stop method.
Let us know how you do.

bob

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
Welcome.............the rails with the metel guides in them are what the slide really runs on...........plastic rails as Toney stated are just get the slide lined up going on..........wear on them is normal !!!
Should always chamber the first round from slide locked back, using the slide release lever.........

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had that same issue with the slingshot method on Kahrs before. It usually eases as you get more rounds through it and you should check that you aren't 'riding' the slide back a little bit. Using the slidestop method is the easy way but if you focus on getting that slide all the way back as far as it'll go and then just releasing it should work fine. its surprising how we don't go all the way back to the stop with the slide or ride it back a little. you can get away with that on some guns but the Kahr's don't like it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Howdy!!! The plastic rails are Just there to guide the slide back on.

I was shocked the first time I pulled the slide off my p97 ruger.
A P97 you say? I've had a P89 for 22 years. Never one failure...thousands upon thousands of rounds.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
The 97 is a 45acp, I kept it for about a month, the only thing the matter with it was it wasn't a 1911.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts