Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say Hi. I just bought my first Kahr this evening. A CM40. Certainly not my first pistol, but I'm excited to get my hands on the little CM. I got the CM for the impending CCW release here in IL. Many of you guys don't know how lucky you are to live in a gun friendlier state.

I also wanted to ad that just in an hour of searching through the Forum, this one is much more friendly oriented than several that I've frequented in the past, not naming any names (XD Talk)- oops.

Take care,
Tim

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome Tim and you chose a great CC weapon..............your gonna love it......

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Hello Tim and welcome to the Forum.
Happy Happy Happy that you like the Forum enough to join. Hmmmmm Cm40, I considered this when I bought my CW45. From all I understand both are good choices. Anxious to here of your first outing and impressions.

With the advent of CCW up there maybe a few good episodes up there will not only help with self preservation but also give something the mentally deranged thugs need to think about.

bob

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
That's giving them too much credit bob........ do you really believe that there is a lot of thought process going on.....

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Do you mean from the Mayor and up?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Yeah......the way things are today........ it works both ways. My old Italian grandmother had a saying....... when the fish stinks........ the smell starts at the head !!!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Waves hello from the Oregon coast & welcome aboard Tim....glad to have ya. :smile:

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome aboard Tim from Alaska Michigan! :cold:Actually Alaska is warmer!:surprise:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to putting my little CM through the break in process. I did some searches on Frog lube, I run that in my several of my other guns with no issues. I didn't hear anything about using it during the break in process. Any thoughts? Through my research, it seems as if the little Kahr might also benefit from some polishing? Checking the fit of the followers on the mags. Anything else?

Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I use frog lube and have grown to like it......it would do well on your break in. Polishing can only help if you want to do it. Biggest help to break it in is to clean and lube on the heavier side and rack the crap out of the slide a few hundred times to loosen her up a bit.....

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Dont know about that one....
Would have to check.....

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
One of the videos I watched, the bottle was froze solid and the Guy was showing how much drag there was on his cold pistol.

I don't think you'll ever have the problem in FL, but I could see a truck or car pistol having problems with being to stiff here.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I never even thought of that......... good point

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I never even thought of that......... good point
Ron, thats cuz it NEVER freezes where you are!:lolu: I use Break Free on all my weapons...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I watched a few vids about Froglube and cold... it seems like those who use too much have had a problem here or there. Others seem to work okay. I'll do a couple tests with some of my other guns as well to see how it goes.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Good deal......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I didn't get to do any testing yet. I field stripped the CM, cleaned, lubed with froglube, etc, etc,.... Seemed to work okay while it was warm. As soon as it cooled off- a delayed fire or NON-strike. I assumed it had to be the froglube getting in the striker area. Took it back apart, cleaned all the froglube out. Used break free, same results. After doing some research- it seems like there's been others like this. What's funny is that I can control it with temperature. It must be ALMOST on the verge of working fine. Even the heat from my hands is enough to get it to fire. Needless to say, the little CM is on it's way back to Kahr for some additional attention. Update to follow.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts