Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have the CW 40 it keeps breaking all of the followers I had 3 magazines total and now I am down to one they want me to spend 65 dollars to send it back to them I was wondering if anybody knew a way to fix the problem without sending it back

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
I think it's usually caused by the feed ramp touching the follower............I believe the fix is to remove a little from the bottom edge of the ramp...........but it's something that has to be done carefully and just right, otherwise your gonna have feeding issues...........personally I wouldn't be brave enough to do it..........as you would probably void the warrenty doing so........dremels have probably ruined more guns in the hands of gun owners than anything else....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya i could try it if i knew how much to take off and if i mess up i guess i order a $120 barrel lol thanks for the reply

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
If you bought it from a dealer they shouldn't they send it back saving you the cost?

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
That's crappy

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
My dealer was irritated I phoned Kahr and handled it myself. He said if a next time let him do it. Nice dealer. I'll be back at his store someday to buy.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
My dealer was irritated I phoned Kahr and handled it myself. He said if a next time let him do it. Nice dealer. I'll be back at his store someday to buy.
That's the kind of dealer you want to continue to do business with..........even if their price is isn't the best.......you get good service.....which in this day and age is worth something

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
If you put on your very best "Politician" shoes, you may be able to talk Kahr into paying the shipping. They should fix it under warranty, it is a well known and common enough issue.

The last time (only time) I sent a PM40 in for a barrel issue, I had my gunsmith ship it to Kahr. Cost me $30 Kahr sent it back repaired, no charge.

If you are handy with files and mechanical things, a "rampectomy" is not a difficult fix. If you work slow, it's about a 15-30 minute fix.

The very tip of the feed ramp is hitting the lower front edge of the followers, snapping off the unsupported front edge of the follower.

Lock the slide back, insert a mag, watch the front of the follower as you push the barrel back to the magazine. You should be able to see where the ramp impacts the follower. It only needs a coupl'a strokes with a file to provide the clearance needed.

When feeding the round into the chamber, the bullet never touches the portion of the ramp that breaks the follower.

I think that Kahr should fix it. If it were mine I would fix it myself, 'cause I like fix'n stuff. :crazysmile:

Reactions: John70

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya i like doing my owne stuff also thanks for the info i am going to do it this weekend and ill go shoot some rounds through it and let u know thanks alot and whay ship are u going to i woild like to take my buisness there

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my CM40. Kahr has sent me new followers and they broke also. I wouldn't carry this gun to the next room. I guess I'm stuck with it until I can sell it. Kahr should recall every darn one of them. Step up to the plate and stand behind their product. I won't buy another gun from Kahr and I'll tell everyone I know about it. Some poor soul that doesn't practice with their weapon and carries this piece of junk every day is going to end up dead.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Hello bob11300, for what it's worth the other Kahr guns I've been involved in have been very good. The exception was the 380 but with the return fix from kahr it's works great. I do understand your frustration with the 40. I hope you can get it figured out.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Welcome.............rough go on your problem.........hopefully you get it running properly !

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, you can send it back to Kahr, and when you get it back it won't break followers.
I hope you don't reload, because your new problem will be every ejected case mouth will be bent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts