Kahr Handgun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking as I'm sure most who carry do.........if you had to draw your weapon and fire in a self defense situation ( assume its a single bad guy ) how many shots would you fire ?? I realize its situational and there's no correct answer. That said I would think each of us has in mind kind of how you would react. As an example..........would you fire once and see the result, or double tap the perp and see the result.............or maybe just empty the weapon.............like a drunk sailers wallet on a Saturday night...........just to be sure its a done deal and over with !!! For myself, I plan going with the double tap and see the result.............the next step is empty the mag !!!!!!! Anyone have a thought about this or sort of a plan in mind, if god forbid the SHTF....!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Like you said it would largely depend on the situation but to me if it got desperate enough to pull the trigger once you should make sure of your safety and double tap. I would think the hardest part of your question though would be pulling the trigger the first time.

bob

·
Super Moderator
23,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes that realization that you are going to pull the trigger on someone and potentially end a life, is and should be a grisly thought. But.......when someone decides to carry a lethal weapon, and take self responsibility for yourself and loved ones protection. ...... the consequences of that decision were also made........ as well as being prepared to living with them......!!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Which begs another question. The need to have armed self defense insurance?

·
Super Moderator
23,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good point.........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
One I've been looking at is from $9 to $36 a month. Looks like the $15 is the minimum protection I would want and the next is $20 (it doubles). Heck I can't afford to $15 per month with retirement income but if I'm forced to "pull the trigger" I know I will be legally charged and most likely will be in jail. Now I'm faced with what money I have in retirement savings to defend myself.

Damned if I do and Damned if I don't.

·
Super Moderator
23,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the crappy part no one wants......

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Well I've been trying to ignore it but every time I pick up the newspaper and read about a shooting it comes back. The "Biker" gang episode back east would not have been a good thing for me to be involved in. Of course he has yet to be charged but the Civil liabilities are coming thanks to the greed of lawyers. Wouldn't it be nice to see a judge throw it out?

·
Super Moderator
23,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You bet !!!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You know I would rather fight back.........than be a sheep....

·
Super Moderator
23,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There was a road rage incident here in Miami a day ago and a guy in a pickup tried to run someone off the road. When the pickup guy pulled up alongside the guy he was after, he also pulled a gun on him. Luckily the guy that was his intended victum was a CCW holder and drew his weapon and pointed it at the agressor in the pickup. Needless to say pickup guy sped off...........so carrying and drawing his weapon in return probably saved his life......

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Good for him. The more of these stories I hear the sooner the management will required checking in your guns. Hey, maybe as time goes on there will be some new replacements for The Magnificent Seven's or Bat Masterson's or Wyatt Earp's that we can hire to get rid of these thugs. History repeats itself...

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Aw heck, when open carry passed last year they were talking blood running down the streets!!!

I still think most all the gun grabbing talk is started by the gun industry.

·
Super Moderator
23,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sometimes evening up the odds makes those stupid thugs just a little smarter ( cautious ).............and more respectful ( afraid ) of the rest of us..........You know what I mean bob....!!!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Yes I agree wholehearted and several fine examples are out there too. I like nothing more than see a thug get the tables turned on him. How sweet it is!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Here in Indiana we have gang problems. I've never heard of a gang of one. If you plan on the threat you are most likely to see, then any lesser threat will also be covered.

·
Super Moderator
23,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes..........very true......

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
KeeperOath,
Can you expand on the difference of one or gang as you stated? Just curious if you mean multiple mags, guns, etc?

bob

·
Registered
509 Posts
KeeperOath,
Can you expand on the difference of one or gang as you stated? Just curious if you mean multiple mags, guns, etc?

bob
One person does not make a gang. Two or more can. We are more likely to have a home invastion by at least two people. We are more likely to be accosted on the street by three people or more. If I could know that only one person would attack me, then I would plan on one. If I knew more would likely be the number, then I would plan on more.

My EDC includes at least one extra magazine. I want to have one more round than the other people. If I were to be attacked by one person, I'd have more that enough ammo with me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts