Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
We got a Lee shotgun loader for xmas one year, I started loading rifle in 02.

Started loading 38 a few years later, the 45 shortly after. The 44mag was next then the 9.

If I didn't reload I couldn't have fired my magnums near as much.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
PS, my 270 has only fired 6 factory loads. I didn't buy them, my bil gave them to me after he sold his rifle.

I wanted to see how the 130gr factory loads did, and where the 150gr printed

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
l started w/lil' lee challenger hand squeezer LNL. Still have it. I still just do 45/40/9/380. And ive got Bob ligned up for loading. Hes getting a bl-550. Hes saving all his brass. Projectiles from twoalphabullets.com Stained hi-tek bullets and dirt cheap quality.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I have loaded, 223, 22-250, 6.5jap, 270win, 7x57, 30-30, 7.5x54, 7.5swiss, 308, 762x54 300mag, 765arg, 303, 7.7jap, 8x57, 44mag rifle, 7.62nagant, 7.62x25, 380, 9mm, 357sig, 38, 357, 9x18, 40, 44sp, 44mag, 45acp, 45lc, and the 454casull

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
l started w/lil' lee challenger hand squeezer LNL. Still have it. I still just do 45/40/9/380. And ive got Bob ligned up for loading. Hes getting a bl-550. Hes saving all his brass. Projectiles from twoalphabullets.com Stained hi-tek bullets and dirt cheap quality.
I've yet to find the right book on hand loading.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I load 9mm, .45 ACP, .40S&W,.38 Special,.357 Magnum and 22-250. I use a Rock Chucker press and have had a lot of fun over the last 25 years. I really enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Yeah,,,it's called shooting for less cost.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have buy Lee turrett press and its fine. I prefer you to go for the Classic as it has a much longer stroke and we all need that for the longer cases. I have done mine up to .300 Mag with auto indexing still enabled. I normally punch out 100 .223 rounds in under an hour.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
I've been reloading since 15 years of age (52 yrs.). It's part of the "fun" of playing with guns:getdown:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been handloading for thirty years, mainly rifle calibers but the last few years started loading pistol calibers also. Good exercise for the brain.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I've been reloading since 15 years of age (52 yrs.). It's part of the "fun" of playing with guns:getdown:
What..........who plays with guns ? Isn't that dangerous ? .........:lemo:

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
What..........who plays with guns ? Isn't that dangerous ? .........:lemo:
Well now! there's play and then there's play:huh: Ain't ya never heeerd'a "Gun Play" :getdown:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
:) ..............

·
Registered
13 Posts
At one time I did reload quite a bit, but several moves and a couple of wives later, I got away from it. Now that i'm retired, and actually have time to shoot...I can't afford to do it as much as I'd like, so I'm considering starting over again. I've even eyeballed some equipment and am figuring out a location in my townhouse where I can store everything safely and reliably. The Rock chucker Supreme is currently on sale at Brownell's too. I'm sure tempted! I'd start with my .380, 9mm, and .40 cal all of which should be a little easier than my .357 Sig, at least at first.

What's held me back is the confusing lack of information, supplies, etc. I'm going to do a lot of reading and price-checking before I go into it again. It seems a lot more expensive now than it did back in 1985, but everything else is as well. At any rate, it used to be something I enjoyed almost as much as shooting, especially for the .44 mag loads I played with. At the time I had a little Marlin .44 Mag lever action I used for deer hunting quite a bit and my loads were pretty popular locally (I lived in Virginia at the time). Lots of fun! If I get back into it, I'm sure I'll have some questions for the experts here.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Nothing stopping ya 'cept fear & good sense :lolu:

Even though supplies are sometime hard to find, it can be done. For handguns, if you will stick to lead or plated bullets, you can load some very good and relatively inexpensive ammo.

Reloading can be a very enjoyable hobby in addition to your shooting :thumbsu::crazysmile:

Reactions: phubai
1 - 20 of 28 Posts