Kahr Handgun Forum banner

What Is Your Preferred Method Of Carry ?

• IWB

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • OWB

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Pocket

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Appendix

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Small Of Back

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 7.9%
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would do a poll on our members method of carry, for those that do so.........
So choose your usual or preferred position.............
i think it will be interesting to see what the majority chooses !!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
So far just pocket carry with an inexpensive Blackhawk pocket holster, no problem with a jacket on and it is not too obvious with jeans. Always looking for other options.:money:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah.......then it always comes down to the money

·
Registered
509 Posts
It's cold weather time, so I'm carrying my Primary in a shoulder rig and my BUG in my pocket.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting so far, pocket and IWB carry are tied. Post your vote guys..........you don't need to comment if you don't want...........

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
On duty I always had my BU on my ankle. I got so used to that so I still carry my LCR9 Ruger there...if I cant because of clothing or shoes, I switch to my Bersa 380 and carry in my concealed vest pocket Sportsman guide Vest. If I don't do that then my lil Colt 25 fist in my back pocket....unless the wife's already got it.
:semi-twins:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Mr. Rat.
Was her job the same as yours? Just curious. Her carrying attracted my question.
I sometimes watch Cops and I'm surprised that the BG's including women and children back talk, run from, and fight LEO's. When I was a kid a lot more respect was given to the police.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
She was a deputy in the jail her first 10 years, worked with gangs and their segregation issues. Then she went to Superior Court rooms as a bailiff her last 10..
Yea, I was definately more afraid of what my old man would do to me than the cops. But I respected both immensely. It hurt too bad not too.:jaded:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
So she has had her share too from the sounds of it. Sure glad to see (but still jealous) you're both out of it and marvel you walked away after doing it for so long. Is it common in your instance to do so? Tell me to chill if you want. No hard feelings.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Nope, ur fine bob...hum, that didn't come out right. We have our aches and pains and a good chiropractor. Aleve and some wine help. Most get out fairly well. If you work the streets the entire career as I did your gonna get hurt somewhere, sometime by somebody. But I ALWAYS came out on top. I never went to the hospital alone. The BG went to, usually a lot worse off than me. Plus he went to jail afterwards, I went home. I only had to use deadly force once, and I suffer no PTSD or regrets. Like swatting a fly or stomping a cockroach, it's just one less pest on planet earth. :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
In a word.................GOOD!!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
:gym: Keeping in some kind of shape increases your odds of survival....I mean since the cons have a iron pile to play in all day. They practice "gun takeaway" all the time in the pen. They have been videoed spinning around and taking the partner down and simulating taking their gun away. So you'd best be "on" all the time...
:bling:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But bob your a pest......I mean errrr not a pest ....,,,,,,,,,,

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
How do you mean that partner?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I misspoke, and corrected it.......:D......
I was messing with you... alluding to rats prior post....

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
slickab,
yes it is comfortable there but hard for me to cover up and not print.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
How do you mean that partner?
Cellie, cell mate, bunkie, bunk-bitch, connie-con, slap-sally, galley-girl, spud-monkey, ect, ect, ect......:phew:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
***************ENOUGH*********** I got it.

Spud monkey???

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, so we have an ankle carrier, but still no appendix or small of back yet...........keep the votes coming, so we get a good read on the poll !! Thanks.......

1 - 20 of 173 Posts