Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shooting for many years. I have owned many guns. The Kahr cw380 sights are not even close to where the bullet hits. The sites are not adjustable for height. I am also having jams galore. I fired about 300 rounds through the gun. I am not happy with it at all. I am shooting different types of ammo. The big thing is the bullet is well below where the sights are aimed. at 5 ft bullet hits 6 inches below. Anyway I can adjust the height?

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
Regarding your sights there is no height adjustment. Are you dotting the I - front dot above the rear bar sufficiently? 5 ft? How does it print at 5 - 7 yds? You mention jams but more info is needed as to FTF, FTE, when the problem occurs during the cycle, going into battery, different ammo mfgrs / FMJ & HP, etc...to get a better understanding of the problem. Also, Kahr technical services can be extremely helpful is resolving any problems.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Welcome joey metro. I have the CT380 and it hits pretty close.
I have a couple suggestions- that may or may not help.
1- label your mags if you have more than one. If/when you have a malfunction be sure to note which mag is on the gun. That way, if all your issues or most of them seem to happen with a certain mag then you may have a mag issue.
2- Same with ammo- note which ammo seems to have issues. Some ammo doesn't shoot well in some guns.
3- on the hitting below aim- 6 inches at 5 feet is definitely a lot. A whole lot! I would recommend you try shooting from bench rest to 'verify' you are not pulling the muzzle down off target as you pull on the trigger. On these smaller guns it is very easy to do.
4- one more thing is aim point and style. Some folks use the "6 oclock hold, other dead on, other center mass.

It is difficult to say what is wrong not seeing you shoot. It "may" be the gun, but usually that is not the case. The Kahr has a long DA trigger pull....and it is easy to pull the aim down off target while pulling through that loong trigger. Especially on a small sub-compact pocket gun....Just a guess here.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Yep, as Higgy said & if necessary, give it more front blade to raise the dot...also make sure you have a proper grip & not anticipating recoil which could push your shots low. Personally, when I rapid fire out to at least 7+ yds, I don't really don't use the rear sight in that my focus is on the front...gunsmith doesn't sound like a shooter...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a new CW 380 last week and took it on its first range trip yesterday. This is my second CW380. The first one was purchased used and had way too many of the sometimes documented cycling issues. I sold it within a month.
This new CW 380 made it through 72 rounds (12 rounds each) of FMJ 95 grain ammo from Federal, Blazer, Aquila, Magtech, P&G reloads, and even Winchester white box flat nose with no issues whatsoever. It would not cycle Fiocchi Blue Box 95 grain FMJ round nose ammo at all and could not chamber any of those rounds completely.

I am really glad that I seem to have a good functioning CW380 so far. It was really fun to shoot, very accurate from 4 to 7 yards with dotting the i with a tiny space between the dot and the i, and it was super comfortable to shoot even with a very firm grip. I will have to really work on trigger control for more rapid fire since I definitely experienced some muzzle dip on fast pulls.

Great pocket pistol....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts