Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed rubber TALON GRIPS on my P380 and added some granular sections to my slide from a pistol I no longer own. The granular sections has really helped in breaking-in my slide. I can can not rack my slide so much easier. I'll likely remove them from the slide once the pistol is fully broken-in.

Here's some pics I took from my iPhone:

P380 003.jpg P380 004.jpg P380 001.jpg P380 002.jpg

I hope to get a nice camera some day.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Good looking guns .................your pictures are fine !!!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Talk about Breakin the slide.
I had to put a pair of rubber covered gloves to rack the slide after replacing the slide spring. Bare handed I couldn't rack it more than three times. With the gloves it was a lot easier but still tiring. letting it sit overnight and firing it helped a lot. I've only run two boxes thru it and know easily can rack it.
:nightmare::uncomfortableness::triumphant:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I would have thought with the carving you do, your hands and fingers would be pretty strong.....

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
THEY are tremendously strong but not as strong as that damn spring I bought. tremendously:beaten::rolleyes:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Appears as though you have a good hold of things, KeeperOath ... :laugh:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I can now rack the slide with more ease. The granular gives me the grip so I can now do 35 full pulls. Everything is getting easier. I love breaking-in my Kahrs. It gives me plenty of personal contact with my loved one.

The fancy shape at the end of the granular slide grips is just the left over after I cut it from a stock Talon Cover from Talon; but thanks for thinking I was a good carver Ron54. I can't even carve a slice of baloney.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts