Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a question many have thought about, and some have experienced first hand. There are several ex Leo's here that can weigh in on their thoughts and experiences. So the big question is if you are pulled over by a Leo, and are carrying and or have a loaded weapon in your car, do you tell or not. Here in Fla. we are not required to volunteer that info, but if asked we must tell and have our CC license and proper id on our person to show the officer. I have never been stopped since carrying and if it was for some kind of violation, I would not reveal that I am carrying. Now if I was asked to exit the vehicle, I would then inform the officer I was carrying, have a license and be sure my hands were on the steering wheel at 10 & 2 o'clock where he could see them. And then ask how he would like me to proceed !! Your thoughts, experiences..............

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I agree with what Ron's comments, Post #1. In two classes our off duty police instructors told us to NOT volunteer CC'n unless asked and when doing this have hands on the steering wheel, no sudden moves and DO NOT say the word GUN. Often rookie cops in training or otherwise may react to hearing the word GUN and drill you. Not a requirement in Kansas.

·
Registered
323 Posts
in NC and maybe where you live, its on there computer screen, duh! They know your cc permited. I tell em, they already know. They might wonder if ya dont tell em.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I have read reports when the LEO tells the guy after he told him he CC'd that he didn't ask him to tell him (the LEO) and if he wanted to know he would have asked him.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It can be a touchy situation at times i would think, but like you said bob, and my own thoughts are why throw a potential wrench into the mix if you don't have to. In places where its required by law, by all means advise the officer right away up front. Otherwise like you said it could actually cause an unintended and unnecessary issue !! Sometimes less is more..........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
GaryO,
Was you avatar kill recent? and where? Surely a story is behind the picture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts