Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I won the lotto and could get any small carry pistol I would upgrade my cm9 to a pm9.
Not saying I wouldn't need a few more safes!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Okay... I would like your opinion about an IF question that I have in my mind. All over the net the 380's are being harassed as a real gun want to be and the owners questioned about their sanity. But what if carrying my Glock 19 is just the wrong fit for what I am wearing and I don't want to walk around feeling naked and unprotected?? isn't it better to have something rather then nothing? I just purchased my P380 last Saturday and I love the inconspicuous aspect of this soooo much I am almost tempted to trade in my 19 for another Pocket rocket. My wife already has her eyes set on the P380 Black Rose edition gun. EXPENSIVE yes but I would go to the ends of the earth to have her want to go shooting with me!!
Anyway, from my perspective I am not walking down the street looking for a fight. I am not going to involve myself in a situation unless I am left without choice. So fire away your opinions and give me a reason to keep my Glock 19 instead of trading it in on another smaller framed gun!!

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really never felt undergunned with my 380, just couldn't shoot it as much as I wanted cause of the cost over the 9mm.

If i would have known my wife would fall for a p238 I'd probably held on to my p3at.

So now ive got her p32 I thought she'd never ever give up. Even carry it some but have been carrying a revolver or two for bugs.

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
I carried a P380 for a while last year. It was a sweet little gun. I ended up trading on another gun only because I got some tactical shorts to wear in the hot weather and carried another weapon. Now I'm sorry I traded it away. I used hydrashoks or golden saber sdf ammo and didn't feel unprotected carring it at all. The single stack Kahrs, Pm's, Cm's and Cw series are great guns to carry concealed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If i would have known my wife would fall for a p238 I'd probably held on to my p3at.

Actually, the Sig P238 is her second choice. I have my eye out for a Colt Mustang Pocket Lite but they are a little hard to track down right now. The reason I went for the P380 is that it is really compact and from what I read the recoil is not too bad considering its size. I have to admit, Sig put together a bunch of good looking little packages with the P238's but I just can't seem to pull the trigger. (pardon the Pun) I looked at the LCP and considered the purchase on price alone but before I did, I had to take a look at the more expensive Kahr. The difference was night and day. It is like a Snap On tool vs a china made tool IMHO and the size of the P380 was smaller, decision made. When I got home and told my wife about the $$ I just spent and showed her the gun I was actually surprised because she was not upset about the money. She would rather have the quality over the lower price. I guess I am just a lucky guy!!

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
You pretty much hit the nail on the head, and I like your analogy as well. I have also owned the Sig P238 and it was a great gun as well. I just traded it a few weeks ago towards a Kahr K40. To me it shot about the same as the P380, just heavy for its size as its a metal gun. I just didn't carry or shoot it anymore so I made a practical decision to move on. If I wanted to stick it (P238) in a gym shorts pants pocket the weight became a factor, not so with the P380. So I do regret trading it off, and am considering another or the soon to be released cw380.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts