Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked over a bunch of posts about people experiencing problems with barrel hood peening. Where the front of the the barrel hood is smashed and the metal is pushed up.

I know, or at least hope this is not a problem, but I do get a line on the very top of the hood where the slide comes in contact with the flat side of the k40 hood and leaves a line. I get the same with some of my Sig's with the same looking barrel. It's not deforming the metal, just leaving a contact line. Is this normal or should I through the gun in the trash for Monday morning pick-up and buy a new one?

I wish I had a camera, but I believe I've described it pretty accurately. To be more anal, a single swipe of 600 grit paper makes it go away.

Ah the heck with it. It does have a few scratches, maybe it's time to throw it away.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh no Toney. I would never ask you for money. I'll send it to you and $50 for your trouble.

Still Mr. Moderator, you didn't answer my question. Why? Is it because my name is Bob?

·
Super Moderator
23,617 Posts
Well the xsailer bob is sort of a loose cannon around here, and that does make things a little tough on the other bobs.....

·
Super Moderator
23,617 Posts
I just took a picture of my mk9.....is this what you are talking about.......

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Flieger, I you agree with the picture above you might consider polishing the barrel. I've polished all of mine and it wasn't big deal and it improves the looks by far. I don't know what the finish is the barrel but it certainly could have been done a lot better. All of my Karhs look like that and it gets worse as time goes on.
I really couldn't figure out what you were talking about and thought I might have stepped in the middle of something you had going on with somebody else.

·
Super Moderator
23,617 Posts
Polishing them does make it pretty...........I'm too lazy to do it though........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
If you lived near I'd do it for you. I have buffing wheels for doing knives and it takes at the most 10 min.

·
Super Moderator
23,617 Posts
Yeah having the equipment to do that stuff makes a big difference vs all hand work !

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Oh no Toney. I would never ask you for money. I'll send it to you and $50 for your trouble.

Still Mr. Moderator, you didn't answer my question. Why? Is it because my name is Bob?
Life is different with the name...Bob. 3 letter name are where it's at, boB, noR, taR. Just can't go wrong with bob can you Bob?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just took a picture of my mk9.....is this what you are talking about.......
That's pretty close. Mine has more of a defined line, but like I mentioned, a swipe of 600 grit and it's gone.

I've never been happy with the look of the satin nickel against stainless, so I've removed it on both my MK & K.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, and you can spell it backwards too!

Thanks for your offer, very nice of you, but I live on the very tip of the thumb in Michigan. I can't understand why Ron keeps calling you all sorts of horrible names. (insert big *ss smile)

Love the water and sunsets here.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
It is awful the way he treats me isn't it. (period not question observe) I keep telling him he should respect his elders more. I treat him as nice AS I can.

"Love the water and sunsets here." Did you LOVE the snow and cold as much?

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior Carbon Audio equipment
Natural material Household hardware Metal Gas Fashion accessory
Musical instrument Font Office supplies Rim Musical instrument accessory

Polish examples. If you have a grinder buy a buffing wheel to fit along with some white compound. Maybe costs about $10. Charge the buffer with the compound and polish. It's quick.

·
Super Moderator
23,617 Posts
It is awful the way he treats me isn't it. (period not question observe) I keep telling him he should respect his elders more. I treat him as nice AS I can.

"Love the water and sunsets here." Did you LOVE the snow and cold as much?
It's only out of love........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I was going to say. I'm not wearin my Speedo around you a-tall....Fella. I mean when I saw your Avatar I wondered then. Purple booties and turquoise scarf. You have no room to talk.

Now back to the Tread subject.

The buffer and compound you can buy at Lowes or probably Home Depot.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.