Kahr Handgun Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I feel your pain. Makes even less sense when you go into the store legally carrying your concealed pistol.

I liked my G27, for a time. Ended up selling the Glocks off though. Maybe yours will stay with you longer.
Got it, but I learned a long time ago to never sell or trade in a gun. I made that mistake a time or two and now wish I had those guns. I guess if you need cash then selling makes sense but I'm alone in life so what I spend on guns or other hobbies and interests affects no one but me. I do admit my walk-in gun locker needs to be expanded unless I back off on increasing the collection.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My first Kahr is the CW 45 I got mine for $280 with 2 extra mags.
Before this my lightest CCW was a Colt commander.

Let me start by saying I knew it was a POS from the start, however I needed a little 45acp & my friend had one & let me shoot it.
Boy was I wrong about this little pistol, it's fantastic & goes bang every time it's asked too.

I did set out to prove or break this little plastic pistol, & was pleasantly surprised how well this CW45 performed.
Bought a Sig P250 before the Kahr & it was a real POS took a year to get it to run right & I do not trust it to this day,

First range visit I had blood blisters on my right thumb from loading the mags & caught the web of my left hand twice racking the slide back. o_O
I thought Kahr must have gone nuts on spring tension & read somewhere to leave your Kahr mags loaded at all times & they will break in someday LOL.

Now I have nine 1911s from 1917 to 2011 so I do know how to load mags & rack the slide back.
After almost 900 rounds of S&B 230 gr ball & 180 gr +Ps some left over hollow points my colt's did not like, this is a hell of a machine.
The only FTF I had with her was my Nephew just pushed the mag in & did not smack the mag home, it failed to feed so I released the
mag drove it back home again & it fired all 5 remaining rounds. I trust this little 45acp with my life it has Federal 165gr hollow points
that I bought back about 10 years ago.

Get a slip on rubber hand protector I do not have the hands with callouses like I had back in my shop day the plastic grips make
the S&W cheese graters look smooth.

So does anyone know when Kahr CW45s will be back for sale at the LGS? I won't pay over $400 so this may be my only CW45.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yeah, I think we're all resigned to the fact that it's only a pipe dream. There aren't a lot of reasons that come to mind to explain why they wouldn't. In fact in these days when high capacity wonder nines are everywhere a company that only makes low capacity guns should be doing all they can to make and sell big bore offerings. I kind of think that Justin is just happy where his company is at and has no desire to make it bigger.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts