Kahr Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
this is my first post here
a week ago or so I bought a used P.380 from a dealer on line-I think the name was Hyatt Guns in North Carolina- paid 450 dollars -shipping was 20 dollars and my gun shop here in AL (Leesburg Gun and Tackle) charged 35 dollars for the paperwork and stuff
I finally got a chance to shoot it today- I am a novice and the only pistol I have shot was a Ruger sr 22 (22 caliber)- thats been a nice gun
I didnt know what to expect shooting a .380 so on my first shot I am holding on tight expecting quite a large recoil. i finnally got the nerve up and shot it (being a novice I am still kinda scared of guns)and it was smooth, very little recoil(especially for such a small gun) fed perfect -extracted perfect, I filled magzine again and fed perfect extracted perfect, stayed locked open on last shot. I am not bragging but this isnt a gun it is a gem. I used winchester 95 grain ammo full metal jacket - is 95 grain considered a lot? I am really pleased and impressed.
I actually bought this gun for wife for purse pistol as she just got her carry permit and I am jealous. I have gun envy. I have a 22 caliber Ruger and a M and P 9c (which really isnt a bad gun at all) but I am still jealous. i may be trading in m and p for kahr 9mm

·
Registered
4 Posts
congrats on the p380 .That is a nice p380 checked it out a couple of weeks ago at hyatts. The more I shoot mine the more I like it.Also check out kahr talk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used winchester 95 grain ammo full metal jacket - is 95 grain considered a lot?
Most .380 bullets will be in the 85-95 grain range. The .380 cartridge is really a shortened (and less powerful) 9mm round, so .380 bullets aren't going to be as heavy as 9mm bullets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts