Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This week I've CC'd the K9. Not really that comfortable yet. I've got a new Mitch Rosen leather OWB PANCAKE holster and need to get it broken in. That holster is close to the body and if fact don't know if it the holster that is causing the pressure points of the gun to bones by holding it close or the larger size of the gun causing it. Probably a combination of both. Will be taking some getting use to for sure though and I hope I it works. I really like that piece. The weight isn't the bother really it's the contact to bones.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
You are having the same problems i do with the gun hitting your side and being uncomfortable. The weight doesn't bother me either. Only I IWB, so it can be really painful more so than uncomfortable. Thats one reason i went to cc-ing using the kholster holster. It's leather backing comes up past the grip.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I haven't been able to wear a paddle holster.
See and everyone is different. I need the wide paddle type to spread out the bulge of the gun.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My PANCAKE holster and Cm is totally comfy. Because of it's size. I even have to check to see I forgot it. I don't know if I could do one like you have. I made one and it was ok but OWB was so much more. I'll just have to keep trying and see if the holster might change shape a little with use. The other one did. I thought about calling up Mitch Rosen and explaining the problem to see if they may have suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Sometimes a holster maker will accommodate a customer and alter their design for them. Can't hurt to ask

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I got the same holster for my xds, never tried it. I don't like this type, I guess if you OWB with them It would be ok........but still don't like it. Got to have some leather there, to go against my butt !!

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I don't like mine at all, I really like my muzzle protected
That.........and it's all kydex.......nope don't like it !!!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This week I've CC'd the K9. Not really that comfortable yet. I've got a new Mitch Rosen leather OWB paddle holster and need to get it broken in. That holster is close to the body and if fact don't know if it the holster that is causing the pressure points of the gun to bones by holding it close or the larger size of the gun causing it. Probably a combination of both. Will be taking some getting use to for sure though and I hope I it works. I really like that piece. The weight isn't the bother really it's the contact to bones.
NONONO, I made a BAD. As our politicians are ALWAYS saying I mis-spoke. I meant to write 'PANCAKE"! I have no urge to get a paddle holster. My first Senior Moment of the month.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
When I first started carrying I tried a uncle mikes pancake, it was comfortable but my rear sight on my pistol fish hooked in it.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I haven't had that problem but if so not a good deal for sure.

For clarity this is the one I'm having a problem with.
DSC_0154-rsz.jpg

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Holster looks really nice bob. If its jabbing you there, have you tried moving it towards your back a couple of inches

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes i've been moving it all over the place. I need to just keep wearing until it get where it's happy. I'm not giving up by any means. Just complaining as usual. Both ends of the gun rub until its feels like a bruise.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Ive been there too.......as I'm sure many of us have

·
Registered
111 Posts
I hope you don't mind my 2 cents, but the holster manufacturer I have (small operation) makes all of mine with a zero cant or straight drop. I carry a lot cross-draw, but when I do carry strong side, I find that style prevents the jab in the ribs.

Actually, if that doesn't work, I go to ballistic nylon. I know it's not pretty nor the quality feel of leather, but it molds to your body.

I guess I'm just to old, but I just don't understand why so many people love Kydex hard plastic. That one I need explained to me.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I do the hybrid style, kydex & leather (crossbreed)........with the leather against my side......so I can do with with that type......but yeah like you, cant do kydex against my old a$$........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've tried no cant and doesn't work. My arms are so long or belt so high or combination of both that I can't pull the gun out of the holster. Sounds weird doesn't it?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I have a cant on all my holsters, except the little bodyguard 380 clip holster, but then its pretty small, so it works ok......

1 - 20 of 29 Posts