Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my CW 380 for a couple of weeks now and have been waiting for it to become complete; alas it hasn't developed a white dot on the front sight as I'd hoped. A call into Kahr tech support was answered by a very friendly person who is sending me out a front site (with the white dot option) free of charge. Now, looking at the front sight hasn't given me a hint as to how the new one goes on. I believe, on the CW 380, since it's just using a plastic front sight, that you just break it off and make sure you've cleaned out the holes...BUT, I'm not sure. And, then how do you put the new front sight on? Maybe I should just put a little dab of white paint on the site that's there? What say the experts here? Thanks guys! Sorry for the picture..Nexus 4 photography I'm afraid.

Automotive lighting Material property Audio equipment Cable Auto part

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I've changed the front sight on a p11, it snapped into the slide, then you melted the two pegs flush with the inside of the slide.

The plastic kahr sight go on the same I think.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought should be done from just looking at it. I'm glad to hear that from someone who's actually done it! Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
My CW380 came with a white dot on the front site.....I think its supposed to come with a white dot! You could always send it to Kahr under warrantee but it sounds like you already have one coming your way. I used some Testor model paint on the front sight of my M&P before I replaced it with night sites. It worked fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe you're right! Oh well, maybe the white dot putter oner took a break at the time mine was passing by. They did offer to do it for me; all I had to do was send them my slide. It just didn't look that hard to me, and if it turned out to be, I would (will) choose the white paint option. I'd like to have night sights on it anyway and should have just ordered a set from Kahr in the first place. I think I'll try painting a dot on it today, and if I like it, I'll just have a spare :positive:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts