Kahr Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Kahr Karriers, Just purchased my first Kahr at a local gun show a couple weeks ago. Took it out for a test drive today. Great little pistol.
Very nice and comfortable feel. Easy on recoil.. Way better than Kel-tec PF9 or The SCCY 9mm. Both of those would hurt after just 20-25 rounds.
Not my Kahr.. Smooth trigger too. Only problem I had with it was a gap between the top of the mag foot ( I installed the Pearce mag extensions) and the bottom of the grip/frame. My pinky finger would get pinched in that little gap.. OUCH.. It was enuff of an Ouchie to cause me to pay more attention to avoiding being pinched than hitting the target. Anyone else been pinched like that by there CW9 ?
I stopped at a hardware store on the way home and bought an O-ring that I slid down over the
mag to the top of the mag foot to fill that little gap. It feels like its going to work..
Going to try it out next weekend at a defensive pistol shoot. I will let you all know
how that worked out..
KK

·
Super Moderator
23,332 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new kahr..............

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome...I hope it solves your problem!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Welcome Kibbleking, Sounds like a good try at fixing your problem. I don't have the plastic mag foot on my clip therefor no problem.

I also have a pinching problem with my trigger finger getting pinched while pulling the trigger. It gets caught because of the on my natural finger movement between the trigger guard and the bottom of the trigger. I'm having to learn to pull the trigger while hinging at the finger middle joint. I read that helps from a another post. I have long thin fingers.

Keep in touch after your next shooting. Your info will be a learning experience.

bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Kahr Karriers, Been out to the range with the Kahr twice since my first post here. Love my Kahr. No more pinched pinky.
The O-ring works. I'm amazed at how little recoil this Kahr produces. Compared to a Kel-tec PF9 Or the SCCY CPX-2 this is very nice.
Not a single issue with it.. Its easy to load the mags, super lite weight, Easy to clean... I say A+++
KK

·
Super Moderator
23,332 Posts
They are sweet CC weapons in many ways.........size.........smooth trigger.........shoot ability...........weight.........accuracy........quality !!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello Kahr Karriers, Just purchased my first Kahr at a local gun show a couple weeks ago. Took it out for a test drive today. Great little pistol.
Very nice and comfortable feel. Easy on recoil.. Way better than Kel-tec PF9 or The SCCY 9mm. Both of those would hurt after just 20-25 rounds.
Not my Kahr.. Smooth trigger too. Only problem I had with it was a gap between the top of the mag foot ( I installed the Pearce mag extensions) and the bottom of the grip/frame. My pinky finger would get pinched in that little gap.. OUCH.. It was enuff of an Ouchie to cause me to pay more attention to avoiding being pinched than hitting the target. Anyone else been pinched like that by there CW9 ?
I stopped at a hardware store on the way home and bought an O-ring that I slid down over the
mag to the top of the mag foot to fill that little gap. It feels like its going to work..
Going to try it out next weekend at a defensive pistol shoot. I will let you all know
how that worked out..
KK
Or you could get an extended mag! Yeah, yeah I know it defeats the purpose of better concealment but at the range?

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I understand if you slide on a 'O' ring it helps prevent pinches.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pick up a variety of thicknesses at the hardware store . Find the one that works. If its to thick the mag won't seat properly..
Good luck ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts