Kahr Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just found some gun scrubber cleaner spray at Walmart for $8 bucks so I bought some. Everyone else is way too expensive.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
you been smokin dem mater leaves again toney?:biggrin-new:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have any of you guys used Strike Hold? It's marketed not only as a cleaner, but also as a dry lubricant.

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
Have never heard of it......

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Never heard of it.

I use non-cloro brake cleaner and Otis dry lube spray. Works great and don't collect dirt or dust bunnies.

The dry lube sprays on wet, dries (very quickly) to a thin slick film. A little spendy, but worth it.

I also use the Rem Oil or a similar CLP. The Rem Oil wipes are neat for some things, as well.

:crazysmile::crazysmile::crazysmile:

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I like brake clean for stripping all the oil and grease off parts and screws for gaskets and locktighting. To clean brake parts I use water.

If I got a gun that needs flushed out I use rem oil

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
I like brake clean for stripping all the oil and grease off parts and screws for gaskets and locktighting. To clean brake parts I use water.

If I got a gun that needs flushed out I use rem oil
I've been known to use Rem Oil that way also. When I sprayed the Rem Oil in (very wet) I then come back and use "canned air" to blow the excess out, wipe it down, then Good To Go.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've had bad results with break cleaner, it can rust your metal in a nano second, so be very careful when using it if you have to use, and wipe you piece clean with a paper towel, then oil well...a good cleaner wont rust your metal, break cleaner is at the bottom for quality when it comes to cleaning guns or any metal of value, just a heads up....

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
I've had bad results with break cleaner, it can rust your metal in a nano second, so be very careful when using it if you have to use, and wipe you piece clean with a paper towel, then oil well...a good cleaner wont rust your metal, break cleaner is at the bottom for quality when it comes to cleaning guns or any metal of value, just a heads up....
Non Chlorinated Brake Cleaner works great, will not cause rust, will not melt "plastic" guns, evaporates fast. As with any cleaner you should be careful with it.

The only difference I find between this and "gun scrubber" is the price.

NOTE: All bets are off if you use "regular" brake cleaner. YOU MUST USE NON-CLORINATED BRAKE CLEANER!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I absolutely agree, where I came from, California, the stores always seemed to be out of the Non Clorinated stuff, which made it hard to fined, good point Lefty60, good heads up...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks guys/gals for this thread. I just picked up my first Kahr, a used CW9 last week and joined this forum. So far, it's provided a wealth of "useful" information and will continue to read as much as possible. I don't post a lot but occasionally add my $.02 worth on interesting topics or to ask questions. I really appreciate the photo pointing out lube points, I was curious as where to find the "blowout hole" for striker channel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have used TriFlow for over 30 years both in the Motorcycle Shop & on all my Firearms.

A little cleans & lubes all firearms safely & effectively, both M1A rifles used in Comp & all my other firearms.
A 4 oz bottle last me over 5 years in the shop when I first discovered this miracle of lubracation.

One last note: Knock on metal LOL I have not broken a single exaust stud or bolt sicnce discovering Triflow over 30 years ago.:)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts