Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your advise regarding technical problems with my PM40 and a point of contact for KAHR Arms...Description of problems follows:

I purchased a Kahr PM40 Enhanced which I was told was the top of the line pistols from Kahr, and after taking it home I noticed the safety was not working and the magazine catch had to be pressed repeatedly before it could successfully release the magazine. After my initial frustration with the pistol I called Kahr and they in turn sent me a FEDEX label requesting I FEDEX the pistol back to them because it needed to be repaired. It has now been 15 days since they received the pistol and are not being committal as to repair status and when will exactly the pistol be returned.

I'm writing this initial thread to ask if anyone else has encountered the same technical problems I had with my Kahr PM40, and what action did you take to correct the problem. Also, I'd like to request if anyone can provide me with a Kahr point of contact that I can call to inquire about the repair status and the return of my PM40. Kahr is not responding to my e-mails and their customer service is not all that informative.

This has been for me a terrible experience with Kahr and to think that I could have avoided this entire ordeal if I had just taken the time to check the pistol prior to purchasing and taking it home. Next time I'll go for a Glock!

Sign - A Kahr frustrated customer.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome.................I wouldn't be concerned at this point as Toney said in prior post 15 days isn't really that long. I wouldn't be surprised if your gun is on the way back or in the next few days. That is not a common problem with kahr guns. I'm sure once you get it back and start shooting it you will be very happy with it. They are really nice guns......

·
Registered
509 Posts
Welcome Fred to the best little Kahr Forum House on the Internet. I am sorry to hear of your problem. I think your problem is an exception instead of any rule. I have three Kahrs with no problems after the initial break-in and nothing of matter during the break-in.

While I am still a Glock lover, I am a little bit bigger Kahr lover. I think you may just end up being the same as me. I hope so anyway.

So, As a new member, please join into conversations and add to topics with your knowledge and experiences. You will find many good people to share your appreciation and love of firearms, be them Kahrs or be them not.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Welcome Fred_mor, Wish you had joined the forum before you sent it back. Many times forum members can help with problems and save the time and effort returning the gun to Kahr. Look forward to hearing how it turns out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts