Kahr Handgun Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,513 Posts
In the paper today is a notable multiple theaters owner comments on the portion of the Ks bill allowing anyone to CC whether he/she has a permit or not. He relays his insurance input, of them raising his coverage rate if this bill passes. Comments within the article explain he could post signs of no CC allowed. He doesn't want to do that. He has had for long time a CC permit. He also says he can't accept higher priced Insurance coverage. At the moment he has no notices relating to gun carry at all in his theaters. Within the article is a comment of where CC/open carry is permitted no raise in shootings or bad instances has happened. Personally I would have a concern of being around people that CC or Open Carry that doesn't have at least the same initial training that it takes now to get a permit to CC. Having been to several of those classes and following up on the responsibilities of carrying any weapon, has convinced me that it would be reckless to be in a crowd with untrained folks carrying guns. I think too many untrained good Samaritans and just reckless gun carriers might get me shot.
I guess now you have to shoot the stupid untrained good samaritan first.......sad truth is there are many gun owners and many that carry.........should not own or carry a gun......

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Honestly, it's possible you may find yourself in a shoot out with numerous CC'rs AND the bad guys. Those of us that's been thru classes have been aware of what's behind the target and side stepping and all that goes with protecting not only yourself but other bystanders. I think to just start wearing a gun without some training is asking for stricter controls down the road after bad results of careless actions.

Reactions: lefty60

·
Super Moderator
23,513 Posts
Yes 100% ......I think that there should be back round checks..... if you area legal law abiding citizen with nothing to hide.....why not......and I believe there should be mandatory training and qualifying and gun safety courses for the gun carrying person.....it's for you own good as well as others..........

·
Super Moderator
23,513 Posts
I think there are too many out there that think because they can own a gun that they are simply empowered and capable of handling it

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I took a good friend hunting once.
I got setup waiting for the squirrels to come out and start playing.
Just as I got comfortable my buddy sees a squirrel way out of range... he jumps up and starts blasting running through the woods after it...

Its time to go, get in the truck!!!

You know, the first season I ever deer hunted his dad loaned me a rifle.

·
Super Moderator
23,513 Posts
He was obviously one of those well trained and capable gun owners........... not

·
Registered
39 Posts
Many years ago, whilst residing way up north in Montana, I was taught how to use/handle a gun and how to hunt. I was shown how to find where deer moved, before sunrise, and observe them prior to opening day behind a blind. Then pick out an animal and watch that specific one. Then on opening day I'd sit on my blind, wait for my animal to arrive, after sunrise, take my shot and hunting season, for whitetails, was over.

I was taught how to use and respect firearms and also how to hunt by Montana folk. I was fortunate to have experienced that, but prior to obtaining my CCP I took classes and underwent training on how to use handguns, act responsibly and within the confines of the law in an urban environment. I choose to act responsibly given the choices I make.

Unfortunately, not all were taught the way I was by good parents, for I give them a great deal of credit. I also take some of the credit, for I have to pass on many ideals and ethics to my children. I also know that there are many who were not as fortunate as myself. Such is the nature of the wiggly world in which we live.

·
Super Moderator
23,513 Posts
You were responsible and did it right.... .

41 - 48 of 48 Posts