Kahr Handgun Forum banner

Looking for a P380 Two tone w/ night sights

6K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  dstactical 
#1 ·
Anybody know where I can find a 2-tone P380 with night sights? I've found a black one w/NS for $659. It seems harder to find the stainless paired with NS than the black one. I almost went for the black one today.......but I just really like the 2 tone. None available locally here in Arkansas, so I'll most likely have to purchase it on-line. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
P380's are scarce from what I see here in Fla. I saw one at a shop a couple of months ago and when I went back 2 weeks later it was gone. Haven't seen one since and I have gone to 4 different shops around here that carry Kahrs. One solution may be to grab a 2 tone if you come across one and just order a meprolight tritium front sight from Kahr, there're about $30.00. That's what I did with my Kahrs.
Welcome to the forum....

#5 ·
That's the reality, In a self defense situation you are not going to have the time to take careful aim sighting in your intended target. You will most likely have to draw and shoot, a lot of that will be pointing and pulling the trigger on instinct. Best case in a dark scenario you may be able to pick up where the muzzle is and point and shoot. So don't worry about the rear being tritium. When I practice SD shooting at the range I only go off the front sight anyways. If I'm shooting bulls eyes then I use the rear sights. I also just raise my weapon point and shoot like in a bad situation and don't even look at the sight, just to get the instinct part familiar.

#6 ·
I've been searching the LGS around my area for ~ 3months, none ever show up. A couple shops have checked their distributors and there are none there either. It appears Kahr has switched over to the CW models to get more sales.

#8 ·
Found a new P380 with night sights in FL. Price and shipping weren't terrible and it should be here tomorrow. I did contact someone at Arizona Gunrunners and he told me it would take him around 6 months to get a special order from Kahr.

I appreciate all the help guys! Thanks!

#11 ·
New guy here with a bit of news! I have been wanting a cw380 so I sent a e mail to Kahr on May first and asked when I might be able to buy a cw 380. I got a reply within an hour and they said they were to ship in the next 30 to 60 days. That is not a lot of help but at least I found out they havn't even made it to the dealers yet.

#13 ·
Welcome.........and I know it's hard to be patient when you want something now and there is no other choice but to wait. When you do get one, it will be worth it.....!!!!!

#14 ·
I started this thread and just wanted to let everybody know how much I like this gun! Due to not being able to find much 380 ammo I've only put 100 rounds through it. My only option was Winchester white box. There were a few jams, but I don't really know if it was the gun being tight or the ammo just having a pretty flat nose. I learned that my regular grip may need to be modified slightly in shooting such a small gun. The good news is that both the gun and I improved over the course of the 100 rounds.

I would advise 3 things: 1) Get a speed loader, it will save wear and tear on your fingers and thumbs. 2) Get a Hogue grip........they are pretty inexpensive and really make it nicer to handle. 3) When you can't shoot it clean, lube, and rack the slide about 50 times a day. I wish I had done this a few days prior to shooting it for the first time. I've also left the slide locked back for a few hours. I'm not sure if the latter helps, but the gun is much easier to cycle now.

My CCL is in the works now. I'm told it takes about 4 months to process now here in Arkansas. I am waiting both on that and on some 380 ammo. I have a Sticky holster for now. I'll probably also get a Nemesis and a Desantis Soft Tuck. I plan on using the Soft tuck in my car for the storage bin in the driver side door (I'm a left). I think that will work well in that I can remove the clip and still use it as a pocket holster if I need to. I really think the Nemesis will be a slightly better pocket holster than my Sticky, but the Sticky works very well and I can use it for IWB anywhere in the waistband or any pocket, front or back. Can't beat that for versatility.

BTW, I'm glad i got the night sights. That really is sweet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.