Kahr Handgun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The slide back on my P380 sticks out slightly and has a little play to it. The slide back on my PM9 sits flush and will not move at all.

The reason for my concern, is if I slowly squeeze the trigger on the P380, I can pull the trigger all the way to the rear without it firing for a second or two. If I squeeze the trigger at a normal speed it fires normally.

This is a fairly new development and I was wondering if the slide back was loose enough to allow too much movement in the firing spring assembly. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
371 Posts
OK, if the gun is new and not a couple hundred rounds out of it. It may just need to be shot some more. The slide is not going into full battery and that is holding up the trigger system from working as it should.

#1 take the slide off the gun and check to see if the recoil springs are on right. The open end goes towards the front of the slide for both springs.
#2. grease the slide rails and then just sit there and rack that slide as fast as u can about 3 to 500 times. this might help alot and it might do nothing also, but it will not hurt one thing.

If the above 3 things does not cure the issue call kahr kand have them issue a prepaid pick up on your gun. It is new, they should pay to pick it up and they will if u insist.

It just might need a couple hundred rounds down ragne to smooth itself out. One way or the other you or kahr willget it right.

Let this forum know what transpires to..

thank you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I probably have 350-400 rounds through the gun. The springs are on correctly. The problem with the pistol not firing has gotten worse after cleaning and racking the slide back a couple of hundred times- being in the cold makes it worse as well.

I plan on sending the pistol back as it in not reliable in its current state.

My original question still stands. Can anyone tell me if your slide back has any play to it? When you push on it, does it have any give to it? As my P380 is the only one I have actually seen, I don't have anything to compare it to. Thanks

Pudd

·
Registered
371 Posts
pudd said:
I probably have 350-400 rounds through the gun. The springs are on correctly. The problem with the pistol not firing has gotten worse after cleaning and racking the slide back a couple of hundred times- being in the cold makes it worse as well.

My original question still stands. Can anyone tell me if your slide back has any play to it? When you push on it, does it have any give to it? As my P380 is the only one I have actually seen, I don't have anything to compare it to. Thanks

Pudd
It needs to go back, I think you have a bad trigger bar that is not letting the slide go into full battery, therefore it is "out of time" and will not fire. You have done all you can, now let kahr pick it up on their dime to, you should not have to be out a dime.

·
Registered
7 Posts
pudd said:

Pudd
I just checked mine. No play whatsoever.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help. Fed Ex picked the little guy up. I will let you know what happens....

At least it is winter and I can easilly carry the PM9

Kahr has great customer service. On the bright side, hopefully I can get night sights installed while it is there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jocko you were right. Kahr replaced the trigger bar. It seems to be functioning flawlessly. Hopefully, I can fire it this weekend if weather permits to confirm it. I can't help but wonder if my previous issue with light strikes was related.

On a different note, I am very impressed with Kahr Customer Service, Ian in particular. The pistol was picked up at my home, fixed, had night sights installed and returned in under a week. This is the second time people from the Bay State have made me happy this week!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh ya- the slide back still protrudes and has a little play to it. I was told by Khar, it is normal for the P380

·
Registered
371 Posts
pudd said:
Jocko you were right. Kahr replaced the trigger bar. It seems to be functioning flawlessly. Hopefully, I can fire it this weekend if weather permits to confirm it. I can't help but wonder if my previous issue with light strikes was related.

On a different note, I am very impressed with Kahr Customer Service, Ian in particular. The pistol was picked up at my home, fixed, had night sights installed and returned in under a week. This is the second time people from the Bay State have made me happy this week!
definitely light strikes are the result of a bad trigger bar. No doubt kahrs service has to be the best in the industry right now to. It kinda takes the bite out of being pissed when they do such a fast turn around on a warranty...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts