Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner for Guns? Plastic Safe? Metal Safe? For all Types?

Was looking at the spray cleaners that are suppose to be plastic safe and at $12 to $15 bucks a can, that is way too much to spend on some spray cleaner. I might be cleaning 3 guns..

Brake cleaner. Endless amount of topics all over the internet saying it's safe and not safe. People say that have melted parts or damages parts, but they never say which gun they damaged.. The people who say it does works say they have been cleaning Glocks with it for many years and never had any issues.. But maybe the problem is microscopic and has lost some of it's structure that you can't really see? I don't know..

Gun spray cleaners really gun safe for all types? I have read people having the same problems with these gun products as well.. Annoying searching for the truth.

But is this Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner safe for guns? Seems to have the same ingredients as the gun cleaners do.
What do you think? Safe or not safe? I do know the MAF cleaner does not cost $10+ per can..

The ingredients are a little different, but I think the other ingredients on the sensor cleaner is polymer safe.

https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/geta...hetic-Safe-Gun-Scrubber-Aerosol-2010.pdf.aspx

http://www.crcindustries.com/faxdocs/msds/5110.pdf

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I just by gun cleaners as my day is too busy and complex as it is to delve into the complexity's of Chemical compounds and the like. It's made for a gun and has a good reputation it's good for me.
No offense meant, it take a village to get things right.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
When I found some lint or something like it in the trigger spring area I didn't want to oil it or get cleaner in it to make it worse so I blew it out with my trusty air compressor. I was careful to not over spray in areas like in the striker plate channel. Need to be selective where blowing is done I think.

·
Registered
323 Posts
l think hickok45 knows: he uses iso-alcohol to cut grime and clean, thats what l do.

My guns run dry with militec-1 oil , nothing sticks. Disapates carbon. On break-in, you can use militec grease on rails. and inside slide where barrel rides.

Militec 1 Bonus Pack | eBay

"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy." STEVEN WRIGHT

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Which is the free shipping $8.50 lube you talking of in another post? The tube? They are both labeled Miltec-1

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know there is 1000+ different ways that everyone likes to clean out their guns, but I'm looking for a safe and clean aerosol spray that will strip the gun of all the oil and residue. My guns are coated with Froglube and if I am going to coat in a new type of oil, I want to completely strip off all the old stuff. Ofcourse there is gun spray cleaners, but there is no sense spending close to $15 bucks when the same spray with a different label cost only $4.
Spray cleaners have been talked about all over the internet, but everyone is focused on break cleaner. The MAF cleaner seems to be very close to the stuff that cost close to $15 per can. So, instead of everyone debating about brake cleaner, I think the focus of debate should be with the MAF sensor cleaner instead. Brake cleaner ingredients is no where close to being the same as gun cleaners.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Did I miss there a reason why you're getting away from Froglube? It seems to be one finest tested lubes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Long term storage I hear of some people having mold issues. It also has a caked on waxy build up to it. If you clean your guns and have OCD then you will not like this lube. Other then that, it seems to be great stuff. Smells so good you really wanna eat it. Making the switch to get a more cleaner lube.
After you lube your gun with this stuff, it really does feel like everything is coated with teflon. I was amazed on how a product could make it feel so smooth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.