Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Howdy!!! Just learn to live with them, you can sand them out but getting the texture right afterwards...

You could always hide them with a spray on coating.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Might help by knowing where the scratch or scratches are located.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Toney,I just bought the Kahr pm9 and was taking it down for it's first lube job before going to the range,The take down lever is unlike the S&w's I've had.With the Kahr you have to make sure the take down lever is pushed all the way thru from the frame and not turned down like S&w so I kind of scratched it a little.But I did a little experimenting and used a DAB of that FLEX SEAL you see on TV.Comes as a spray. It's black and is tough stuff,with a toothpick and just filled in the 3/32" maybe scratch down by the trigger and let it set for a day.You can manipulated it.Then I covered it with finger nail polish to seal it,because the flex seal is not really a cement. I used a high grade finger nail polish,you can get it in various finishes,shiny,satin and etc.Did that and it came out perfect. Maybe this is something other guys I read about might try for scrathes and gouges on their polymer frames.Thanks for the reply and I love the Kahr pm9

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome........sounds like you worked it out well.....

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Mainer, never to many ideas, welcome aboard!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I think scratches and scars are badges of honor. They are what makes an item unique amoung others like it.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Well I've got lots scratches and scars and the Little woman says I'm sure an item and I'm unique. I think I know what she means.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts