Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to make some Magazine holders out of leather and got to thinking, do I want it on my belt or in my pocket? I find myself joining up for Gun Defense classes and need a holder for 3/8rd mags. I think I'll make a 3 mag, rear pocket, LH weak, holder used for classes. In addition I may make a single for belt or pocket for every day carry(2 mags is just to heavy and if I can't get the job done, if need be, with 15rds then I guess it's all over). I thought about just using 1 mag in the 3 position holder so it would not rotate. Just had a thought. I could also add 2 belt cutouts if I should want to use the belt.

Got to be careful. I've already made one for a 6rd mag and went to pull it out and it was so tight I couldn't draw it out quickly.

Any experience out there doing this or recommendations?

bob

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn't thought about a cover but will now. Your right, it is simple.

I'm wondering about a knife sheath.HMmmmmmmmmmm

·
Super Moderator
23,390 Posts
Simple design...........well executed !!!!!!!...........I'll agree if you are in a situation where a loaded gun and an extra mag don't get you out of a pickle, you're in deep doo doo and another mag or two probably won't help............

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use my leatherman pouch for my 7 rd mag & a $1.50 nylon pouch for a 6rd one. They disappear under a t-shirt, & no one looks twice if they see them...

·
Super Moderator
23,390 Posts
Cel phone cases also work well for extra mag cases.........don't even need to hide it :getdown:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've changed my attempt of a leather belt mag holder. I bought a blackhawk felt small gun holder and it's just right to carry one 7 round Mag, two if I crowd them.

·
Super Moderator
23,390 Posts
I use my Leatherman clone pouch also for my 6 round mag. Works great and does not look like a mag holder.
I've got a leather and a nylon leatherman case and have used them to carry extra mags as well........,and once again you don't have to conceal it .........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes but just showing it draws attention especially if a BG is observing.

·
Super Moderator
23,390 Posts
If it's a real Leatherman, which I do occasionally put in the case, I could always go on the offensive with the pliers or even scissors :D

Reactions: Ohsheepdog

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got a few different cases I've tried but none fit. I like to carry the extended Mags and they fit my pocket pretty good sooooo..

·
Super Moderator
23,390 Posts
Ok, I don't carry any extended mags........only use them at the range..........so I can usually use one of those holster phone cases from my collection of past phones..........and go about my business

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got some nice phone cases..of course none of them fit even my shorter Mags. I wished they worked but don't.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts