Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my cm9 I, like most, find my hand much bigger than the gun grip. I'm always trying different approaches to manipulating standard methods to improve my results. For instance releasing and changing the magazine and now trying my middle finger to pull the trigger. I've not done anything other than dry firing and observing movement. It seems as though it more comfortable and maybe more steady while pulling the trigger. Any thoughts or experiences out there?

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
You'll get your finger in the ejection port:eek: and I think you really need that social finger for recoil control.

Shooting left handed my support had thumb gets pelted by brass.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I wondered if I might but thought if could keep my finger on the poly during the firing cycle I'd be ok. I'll find out next shooting session. I've long skinny fingers. Maybe yours are larger?

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, I've only 1 to learn on. You have 12? more?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Be careful where you point that thing bob..................the middle finger can cause you another kind of problem, when pointed in the wrong direction at someone !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where I point it it will go.....Down range

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Haven't you changed the springs in your kahrs bob, if I recall it does lower the pull but not that much to really make a big difference. Maybe bob can chime in on this one !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did put in a 5# Wolff Spring and it made just a noticeable difference. I had a choice to chose a lessor spring but, with agreeing advice, I didn't do it as it takes away some of the safety factors of carrying. Besides, I personally don't find pull that hard on the CM.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also put in Wolff Recoil 18.5# Spring. The other was a Striker Spring as previous post

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I had my "gunny" do a trigger/sere job on my Kahr/Thompson 1911 and got that puppy down to right at 3 lbs of pull. It was around 5lbs when I bought it. So much nicer now.
Feels a bit more "tamed".;)

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Yeah my colt officers and American classic 1911's both had trigger / action jobs by my gunny as well..............down to 3.2 lbs of smooth crisp pull, and it's always so sweet...........oh yeah !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
3#-3.2# hmmmmmmmmmm. You must consider it a safe way to carry or you wouldn't be doing it. Do you recommend it for a newbie? Do you have to take it to a gunsmith to get a 5# down to 3#? I know once you have holstered it safe if the trigger is covered but just wonder your thoughts for "newbie" doing this.

bob

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Remember these are SA 1911's so a pull like that is achievable and still have no primer strike issues. And in my case bob, I don't carry either of those weapons. They are my fun range guns. And no I would not reccommend a CC weapon with a pull like that for a novice, all it takes is a nice little flinch and boom !!!!

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
My officer trigger was around 4#, I kept setting it off prepping the trigger.
I've got mine set at 6 now.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes Toney I thought a couple months ago 5# would work for me and I have no complaints. We're are always trying to get the best conditions we can when really we already have it.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
My officer trigger was around 4#, I kept setting it off prepping the trigger.
I've got mine set at 6 now.
Yeah it does take some real awareness of your pressure on that trigger or boom...........it's happened to me as well......

·
Registered
509 Posts
No to my middle finger, but I do switch to my left hand sometimes. I'm actually a little better with my left hand.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts