·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Slick ....................

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I can't tell you how many kids I've gut hooked on fishing.
Really wish) I could introduce more kids to shooting.
No worries about teaching fishing, but shooting in these times....

Heck, my own daughter won't let the kids take their rifles home...

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Hard to say............some people just have this hang up about guns and what effect they have on people, especially kids. And I know you are a responsible and careful gun handling person and properly teaches that to the kids.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Hard to say............some people just have this hang up about guns and what effect they have on people, especially kids. And I know you are a responsible and careful gun handling person and properly teaches that to the kids.
I think giving a kid a Corvette or motorcycle on their 15/16th birthday is the same or worse giving them a gun. There are exceptions I know.....butt

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Intro'd my daughter to shooting when she was 6. She never ever tinkered with or looked for my guns. My grandsons both have 22's and respect them greatly. I think it teaches responsibility early in life and how to respect others. My oldest grandson,Tony, is now 15 and really enjoys coming here for the "outdoor" life we share. Part of that experience is shooting weapons. I think it helped mature him into the young man he is. IMVHO:02.47-tranquillity:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
As I said there are exceptions. Your family is one obviously. So many, as i'm sure you know, ARE not raising their kids the same as you. In fact I would bet my CM on it. That's how seriously I believe it. I've seen it and lived it, know other the same or worse. I wasn't raised to hunt (all I did was carry the dead game).

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know, what I worry about is, neighborhood kids coming over while my grandkids are running around with their bb guns, or us out shooting the 22s.

I'm not sure how much trouble a man could get into if some mother went off...

So far I just gather everything up and take it in...

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Kinda like taking the keys away when potential bad can happen. Being a responsible adult. But the worry never goes away.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Yep...........

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
so much maturity and wise instruction here...:huh:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Certainly not like some other posts..........grin.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
You know what I mean Barney.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Bobs hypocrisy only goes so far..........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
There you go Ron. Gettin deep on me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts