Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed these grips this afternoon. I had to use two pieces because Talon make grips for the 6 round grip and not the 7 round. I bought Talon's P45 grip and a sheet of their rubber grip material. I used an inch strip off sheet. I am pleased and the grip feels great in my hand even though it is not my best install.

TP45 001.jpg TP45 002.jpg

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Good job....

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Are you doing this for looks or do you find it helps with your grip. I've thought about adding to mine but I find I'm not having any problem holding on. Just curious is all.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bob, for both reasons. I like the way they feel in the hand and the way they look on the gun. If you watch hickok45 - YouTube <hickok45>, he uses these grips religiously. I use the granular grips for my target pistols.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Bob, for both reasons. I like the way they feel in the hand and the way they look on the gun. If you watch hickok45 - YouTube <hickok45>, he uses these grips religiously. I use the granular grips for my target pistols.
Thanks Keeper. I asked for no reason other than just curious. I found the existing grips just a little to sticky hard and added a cut up bicycle tube and I like it better than the Hough(sp) rubber grip I have on another weapon. I do like Hickock btw.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hickok's a middle-Tennessee boy. He has a lot of mystery about him, but I think he said once that he's a retired History Teacher. He occasionally wears an Austin Peay State University (Clarksville, TN) which is my Alma-mater ('71).

Reactions: feedramp

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
l like granular, l cut skate board material.
I like to see the stock curves cut into the grips. I can't do that kind of fine work anymore. My hands are numb from agent orange.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
I make my own from 3m stair step tape. I use the rubber type stuff, cause the gritty stuff wrecks my clothing.

I made a thin plastic sheet template, and use that to cut new ones if/when I need them.

These things really improve my ability to hang onto my CW40:getdown:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
`I know of the stair abrasive you talk about and that's a darn good idea lefty.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just installed these grips this afternoon. I had to use two pieces because Talon make grips for the 6 round grip and not the 7 round. I bought Talon's P45 grip and a sheet of their rubber grip material. I used an inch strip off sheet. I am pleased and the grip feels great in my hand even though it is not my best install.

View attachment 1145 View attachment 1146
KeeperOath,

We're going to have to change you screename to GripKeeper ... :laugh: :dry: :huh: :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Nice long grip in these. Looks like you could easily get a 4 finger grip. Looks to be a good tape job.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes Bob, the TP45 gives you a full grip and that makes this little 45 easy to shoot accurately.

Gripkeeper? feedramp,. that's not bad.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My recommendation is to clean the area well with alcohol of your choice. Around here we like Jameson Irish Whiskey. Whoop, wrong alcohol. :>)

Peal off half the paper backing to expose the section for the left side of the grip. Align and lightly touch the grip into place. You can lift or remove the grip as needed to get the alignment right. The part that wraps around the right side grip and the front of the grip tuck it under the left side grip (this will make sense when you see it). When all is aligned as you want then press into place. Use a hair dryer on high to heat the grip and keep pressing into place. The grip will nicely take the shape of the grip. It's actually an easy process.

If you have any questions PM me. I'm on here often.

Reactions: feedramp

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
My recommendation is to clean the area well with alcohol of your choice. Around here we like Jameson Irish Whiskey. Whoop, wrong alcohol. :>)

My gosh! when I read this my heart skipped a beat and my pants got wet and messy. By the time I read your "Whoop's" forgive me, it was too late. I needed a complete bathroom clean up.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
:eek:....................

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
:D ..........

1 - 20 of 45 Posts