Kahr Handgun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have to take it off to lay down to take a nap...

The only time it gets uncomfortable is when I drive the wife's Toyota ...

·
Super Moderator
23,360 Posts
Your probably like me..........when I get dressed in the morning I always holster my carry gun. And it stays there no matter what, till I get undressed for bed !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Ga day,
I was working in the garage as I always do and had company come in for a visit. after 20-30 minutes they asked why I wear a gun at home? I for got to untuck my shirt because I'm getting used to it because it's comfortable OWB.

·
Super Moderator
23,360 Posts
Yup............when I walk my dog at night just before bed, I pull up the side of my shirt to go behind the holster and gun butt. So I'm open carrying at that point. No one can tell as its dark and I can just let my arm hang at my side to cover also. Sometimes I forget to pull my shirt back over when going into the house and my girlfriends eyes will pop and she'll say.....what's going on out there ! What the he_ _ are you doing ! Oops.....

·
Super Moderator
23,360 Posts
Ga day,
I was working in the garage as I always do and had company come in for a visit. after 20-30 minutes they asked why I wear a gun at home? I for got to untuck my shirt because I'm getting used to it because it's comfortable OWB.
Finally get a holster that works well for you..........one you can wear all day........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I've been trying several of the holsters I've got and so far OWB and in rear jean pocket is the most comfortable. I've got a kydex and two leather OWB and they are all comfortable really. I'd like to get the leather so I could draw without it sticking. I'm working it a with some Mitch Rosen lub and a couple layers of plastic bags but it still persists. It'll come.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
No. Not yet. She doesn't get that close anymore.

·
Super Moderator
23,360 Posts
That's a good one bob................It gave me a good laugh...........nice !!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,360 Posts
Honestly though I can't IWB a kydex holster.........that hard plastic against my side just digs in and drives me crazy. The holsters that work best for me now are the hybrid kydex & leather ones. The kholsters have that big leather area that covers the gun and spreads the weight out, then it's all leather against the side. Once broken in about 3 weeks you don't even know its there. I have a crossbreed mini tuck for my bodyguard that took almost a month to really break in, now I can't tell its on my side either..........they look ugly as crap...........but work well !!
Oh and the leather keeps the love handles out............even when she doesn't get close !!!!

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One of my first carry holsters was a right-hand paddle that someone had put a clip on to make a iwd.

It would leave a mark!!!!

I'm down to 240 again from around 280, it makes a big difference ... the last time I carried a full sized [email protected] I had to use my elbow walking around Walmart to keep it from flipping over my belt.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
The little woman doesn't have the PW here so I feel moderately brave.

·
Super Moderator
23,360 Posts
I firmly believe in the old saying........... what she doesn't know won't hurt me..........

·
Super Moderator
23,360 Posts
Nice holster, the closest thing I have to that is a Kusiak, and it's pretty comfy. He's in Miami here and is good to deal with. He makes a really nice leather clip holster and half the cost of the Rosen......check him out online........you might like it !!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
kahr 3.jpg I carry my CM9 in a combo IWB and pocket holster. You remove the metal belt clip when using in the pocket. Works great for less than $30. Its leather and molded for the CM9.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I am fairly new to cc and I have only used a "cheapie" Blackhawk pocket holster so far. It appears a little bulky to me with jeans but no more than my pocket knife and keys. I have to switch pockets of course but in dress clothes it is really not visible but I know it is there! So far so good!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts