·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Very nice...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could taken better pictures, but yup this is the one that has the problem.

When I bought it, I was trying to decide between the regular and elite finish. So, I bought the plain and gave it a partial Eite.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
It looks great

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Did you ever hear anything thru your contact that was going to call Kahr?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
You know I would have a local smith take a fast look at it. If you don't use one have your LGS or friend reccommend one. I would think a good one could tell by just handling and feeling the play in the slide if there is a real problem or not. And probably wouldn't charge for something that simple. Worth a try..........

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ron ~ Nope. The promised call never came. I'm going to write a letter to them. If anything, sell me the damn parts at half off and I'll fix it myself.

Xsailer ~ I live up north in the middle of nowhere and not a really good gunsmith for miles. What I have done, I have some friends that work in the gun industry. Some as far as Texas and when I've described my problem, they all have told me the same thing. It's the slide stop or the barrel lug or both. I've sent some pictures to them (erased them by accident but easy enough to take again).

Since the final lock up is held in place by the relationship of the slide stop pin resting in the barrel lug, either the pin is worn, slightly bent, slight enough not to be able to see with the naked eye. Or the barrel lug has lost material and the stop pin is resting just a bit forward.

As soon as I get a chance, I will try and retake the pictures and post them.

By the way, my Wolff springs came today and the 22lbs works great. If you remember, I ordered both the 20 and 22. The 20 just in case the 22 didn't work. It's not that difficult at all to rack the slide.

Thanks guys for your concern and I really appreciate the advice. It's too bad you don't run Kahr customer service. I see a great team between the two of you.

This is a great forum.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
You heard of guys trying to tighten their 1911 with a longer link, and have their under lug break off....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im still not sure its not all in your head.....
No, but close. It's in my ear. When I shake my empty gun, it sounds like a childrens ratttle. And being that I have an MK40 as a reference point to compare to, having the slide move back and forth even though slight as it may be, is not normal on my K40.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
That sucks that there isn't a good Smith close to you. I guess I'm lucky I have 2 good ones I use. And I have done enough business with them that they know me by now. I buy parts or things like holsters from then to support their business. I could buy some of those things on line cheaper. But you know when I needed help or service, they are there for me. And simple things they either don't charge for or are very reasonable.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I can tell you this........my colt officers 1911 rattles when shaken. This gun was serviced by my smith and gone over........trigger job......action job...etc. And the gun shoots flawless. I just handeled itto see what kind of play it has in the slide and there is both side to side and lockup it good, but the slide will move easily back and forth a bit....maybe a 16th of an inch. and it has a brand new wolff spring in it. Colts always left some play in their slide to frame fit. They believe that this ensures better reliability than very tight tolerances. Toney with your experiences you may have heard of this with Colt 1911s. And who better than Colt to design their guns that way......Now my other 1911s are tight as a pin....so go figure.....I know this doesnt help you per say, but maybe your gun is still in spec and fine as is, just a little loosey goosey !!!!
....... :D

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Good find on that link there Toney........I think that is whats going on here. And most likely nothing wrong at all..........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts