Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent some tie on the this forum and liked it, but I was hoping for a post about the PM45.
Since there was not one, I'll post mine and maybe smoke out other PM45 shooters and other
experience.

I've been a .45ACP lover and shooter since I got my dad's WWII souvenir 1911. My autopistols have almost all been that Browning pattern, stock and with numerous enhancements. Had a couple of AMT .45backups one of which cracked the barrel lug & broke my taste for that weapon. Been looking for a small .45 for CCW and finally got my PM45. Got it from Cylinder & Slide, and had them do a little work on it - action job, carry bevels, etc.

The function of the pistol was flawless! I took it to the range a few days ago but only ran 40 rounds thru it. Not the weapon's fault, just my trick back that doesn't like standing for very long. Plus I ran the other ten thru my Kimber Custom Shop Ultra CDP for comparison. When I fired the PM45 I was reminded of those AMTs I had - the bark and the recoil certainly let me know that I had a handful! It wasn't really uncomfortable, though, not as harsh as I'd expected. Especially from such a lightweight pistol. The only negative to report is that I was consistently printing low and left at ten yards. The RO suggested that the long DA trigger can cause that. My fault, not the weapon's.:embarrassed: I'm looking forward to working on it! Neat little pistol that meets all my wants.

B.C.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Sounds like your enjoying that gun..........cylinder & slide has an excellent reputation for fine work.......congrats on a great choice you made

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I've shot 50 thru my Cw45 and was pleasantly surprised on all accounts. I had not shoot a 45 until this one. What surprised me the most was the accuracy. At 7-10 yards I had a nice pattern and and several bullseyes when I paid attention to business. The trigger I really liked. Nice and smooth and easy to pull. I changed trigger spring in the CM and like it but at this time early in I'm not even thinking spring change in the CW.
I know you were wanting PM feedback but thought I'd get the ball rolling.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Shoot em up bob.......

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Anxious to get home and shoot more 45's thru it. I'm looking for my ordered holster for it any day as it was mailed before Christmas.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments, folks. I was REALLY fond of the AMT .45 Backups, but when the one cracked the barrel underlug I put 'em both on the shelf. I dunno what would happen it the lug gave way while firing, but I'd sure hate for it to happen when I was depending on the pistol!! Maybe all that would cause would be locking the gun up, but at that point you're just holding a fancy rock.

The PM45 seems like a perfection of that AMT concept.

B.C.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
A good modern design......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts