Kahr Handgun Forum banner

My P380's hollow point problem

7K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  brent375hh 
#1 ·
If these photos loaded correctly, can anybody tell me if their feed ramp looks rounded at the bottom like mine?

thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
When It does feed, it is a very nice little gun. Shoots 4" groups @ 25 yards but about 6 inches low. Much less felt recoil than my NAA Guardian.

But since it choked on hollowpoints, it won't be my carry BUG until I get in fixed.
Picture number 2 shows what I think to be the problem. The feed ramp is shortened and rounded compared to the owners manual photo on page 7.

#4 ·
brent375hh said:
When It does feed, it is a very nice little gun. Shoots 4" groups @ 25 yards but about 6 inches low. Much less felt recoil than my NAA Guardian.

But since it choked on hollowpoints, it won't be my carry BUG until I get in fixed.
Picture number 2 shows what I think to be the problem. The feed ramp is shortened and rounded compared to the owners manual photo on page 7.
makes sense, has kahr got back with you yet?? My bet they will just send u a new barrel.....

G
#5 ·
jocko said:
brent375hh said:

makes sense, has kahr got back with you yet?? My bet they will just send u a new barrel.....

+1
I suspect they will want the old barrel back but call them. Hopefully, they won't want the whole gun back.

#6 ·
Kahr's first pass at it was to ask me if I was shooting " good quality American made ammuntion" even though I stated that I was using Federal & Winchester.

I will try again...

I have to admit it does shoot Hordady Critical Defense, but it does chap me that a gun this expensive does not perform as well as my NAA in terms of perfect function with everything I can put into it.

Hopefully they will send me a differnt barrel to try and a mailer to send the old one back.

#9 ·
FreeedomsNotFree said:
Did Kahr get back to you? My P380 won't consistently feed Remington UMC JHPs. 3/7 shots the slide won't return to battery by about .25 to .50" and have to manually push slide ahead. Haven't tried Golden Sabers yet (can't find any) as they feed flawlessly through my XD9 & 45.
Have u gotten it well broken in with 200+ rounds yet?//that means alot. I would just not mess wiht any hp0 ammo until you get a couple hundred rounds down range. some guns need alittle more rounds down range to get totally right.

haveu use dthe kahr lube chart on this forum, it is excellent. Make sure the outer recoil spring is on the right way . I would think it should shoot Remington HP with ease. I can honestly say I have not shot any remington HP ammo for they are not my choice of a defense round, soI just don't mess with stuff that I have no intentions of carrying.

#10 ·
Kahr got back to me and said I might have to send my gun back. This weekend I shot some more Hornady XTP and Critical defense throught it without problems.
I think this is the round to load for carry.

Since my supply of Hydra Shoks is nearly depleted and I can't seem to get more, I am not going worry about it until I have some more of them.

Lastly, if I lock my slide open and insert a magazine loaded with Win 95 FMJ FP, it looks like the bullet could just graze the slide stop as it feeds up the magazine. Perhaps my few slide stop problems are not just my thumb...

#11 ·
brent375hh said:
Kahr got back to me and said I might have to send my gun back. This weekend I shot some more Hornady XTP and Critical defense throught it without problems.
I think this is the round to load for carry.

Since my supply of Hydra Shoks is nearly depleted and I can't seem to get more, I am not going worry about it until I have some more of them.

Lastly, if I lock my slide open and insert a magazine loaded with Win 95 FMJ FP, it looks like the bullet could just graze the slide stop as it feeds up the magazine. Perhaps my few slide stop problems are not just my thumb...
clean the slide stop on the inside and mark it with a magic marker where it comes into contact with where you think the round is hitting. Then test it out, It shold show up on the round if it is hitting. If it is , u have a badf slide stop,just ask kahr to send you a new one if you find that it is indeed hitting the bullet. I would think they would do so if you told them how u tested your theory out.

#12 ·
Quote from: FreeedomsNotFree on April 26, 2009, 11:01:08 PM
Did Kahr get back to you? My P380 won't consistently feed Remington UMC JHPs. 3/7 shots the slide won't return to battery by about .25 to .50" and have to manually push slide ahead. Haven't tried Golden Sabers yet (can't find any) as they feed flawlessly through my XD9 & 45.

I would bet a minor polish of the breech face and extractor will fix this problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.