Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I need one of the older guide rod and recoil springs for an old PM9.

The recoil spring is one of the 13 coil jobs, not the 15 coil spring the newer ones take.

Kahr sells them but I hate paying top dollar. Does anyone else sell Kahr parts for less than Kahr?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Have you looked at after market places like Wolff Springs for instance? Don't know about guide rods.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I would also check brownells

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Replacing recoil springs/assemblies are normal maintenance, and the cost of running an autoloader.

I do believe that Wolf Gun Springs makes the springs for Kahr. You might as well buy two when you order, 'cause you'll need the extra sooner or later.

A coupla dollars difference ain't worth the trouble, just order from Kahr.

Just my not so humble opinion.

PS - Same goes for mag springs/followers.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Yeah.........it's not an expensive part anyways, and at least you know it'll run well.....

Reactions: lefty60

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I've never heard of a life expectancy round count for a guide rod..........I've never had one break or wear out..........I think your good till it developes excessive wear or breaks..........

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Generally a guide rod will develop some wear marks, then stop "wearing". A dual spring recoil spring assembly very seldom needs complete replacement, just a new outer spring.

Sometimes a recoil spring assembly (RSA) is not serviceable, and the complete RSA must then be replaced.

Do NOT try to save a few pennies by buying an unknown brand of spring/s. For a Kahr pistol buy from Kahr or Wolf Gunsprings.

Just my not so humble opinion. :crazysmile:

Reactions: BillACP
1 - 10 of 10 Posts